cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Its not the “NATO budget”.

Listening to Sean Hannity talk about how much each country contributes to the “NATO budget” and Trump talk about other countries owing us. The goal is that each country spends 2 percent of their GDP on their OWN military to be prepared for the “attack on one is an attack on all” premise. It’s amazing how so many supposed professionals don’t have a clue.

As a separate thought, maybe all the countries falling short on their military spending (NOT NATO funding) need to do is start buying 300 dollar hammers and thousand dollar toilet seats like the United States does. They will be over their 2 percent commitment pretty quickly
6 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Its not the “NATO budget”.

We need to leave NATO. Why should we be concerned if another country attacks turkey.

Senior Contributor

Well we waited until two thirds of the First World War was over and Europe was decimated before helping and then took credit for saving the world. We did it again in World War 2 waiting until the War in the European theatre was half over and Europe occupied before getting involved and then taking credit. Maybe if it happens a third time we should be better prepared to unify against any such aggressor. Because if the Eastern Hemisphere is ever completely taken over by evil forces they ARE coming here. And don’t expect 2/3 of this hemisphere to be on our side. It’s to keep the tanks from rolling down I 80 and I 70 as they have many times in Europe many times in the past. Get rid of the overbearing and over reaching United Nations where are enemies have veto power. Not NATO that is made up of only our allies.

The other countries in NATO need to build their forces to the agreed upon level. I’m just tired of it being characterized as funding NATO. I’m sure their is an actual budget for NATO. I don’t honestly know who finds how much. But the 3.5 percent of GDP we spend is on our total military and defense and the 2 percent commitment is on their OWN military
Advisor

Rogers, a question

did you have a clue what NATO was before Daddy told you you should be angry about it?

Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers, a question

How many US soldiers are you willing to sacrifice to defend Erdogan?

Senior Contributor

I would rather them fight amidst the ruins of Paris and Rotterdam and Hamburg than amidst the ruins of Cincinnati and St Louis and San Francisco. Well Cincinnati and St Louis anyway.
Veteran Advisor

Y’all might want to have some help next time we start a war.