cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: #Je Suis Charlie

@Canuck_2 wrote:

I always thought it was the decision of the person if they wish to be insulted.

Anyone who wants to be insulted can find a reason to be insulted in almost anything.

Intelligent people seem to be able to ignore insulting things to them and continue to lead a good life.

Weaker people, especially those lost in the world of 'beliefs' do not seem to realize that by doing things in their gods name they are showing how powerless their 'god' is that 'it' can not do those things on 'it's' own.

Indeed a sign for many that their 'god' is imaginary only.

So did muslims carry out these murders because of their religion?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

No. What's your point?
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That's what those do say but the vast majority of the people and the clerics condemn the actions of the few who commit these crimes. But of course, we all know they are liars, right?
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I'm sure he also thinks that if a young girl wears a bikini, she is asking to be raped!
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hey 20, maybe you will get lucky and they will throw the publisher in jail for publishing the cartoon thus igniting the anger of the Muslims and 12 people died!! You will have another talking point. And yes, the murders did kill for their distorted view of their religion but that is NOT what Islam is all about. I'm not going to blame all Catholics because you go kill someone!
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
Hey 20, maybe you will get lucky and they will throw the publisher in jail for publishing the cartoon thus igniting the anger of the Muslims and 12 people died!! You will have another talking point. And yes, the murders did kill for their distorted view of their religion but that is NOT what Islam is all about. I'm not going to blame all Catholics because you go kill someone!

You know more about islam than they do? These guys mocked all religion, why was the only violence carried out by muslims?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hummmm

This is one of the weirdest threads I've seen on here.     I recall canuck defending Canada's laws about hate speech and people not being allowed to say things just to hurt others.  And remember that preacher who was going to burn the Koran?  I recall a bunch of people who thought he shouldn't do something so provocative.   And remember that movie that supposedly kicked off the Benghazi thing? Remember how a bunch of people here talked about how despicable that movie maker was.    Its like suddenly they've flipped.   

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Well, you know more about the funny papers than I do. I really don't know who the mock other than Mohammed. I probably do know more about Islam than you do but that wouldn't take too much.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

20 knows nothing about religion. He only thinks he does. Reading the bible doesn't make you an expert on anything. Just another Jesus junkie waiting to be saved by god for not getting off your butt and having a go in life.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Neither is yours!