cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: #Je Suis Charlie

George tiller was murdered in his church for god's sake. Religion at it's finest. Was his killer a Muslim? A christian?

Highlighted
Advisor

I don't know if France will find a clear link to a foreign organization but if they do it is the French way to hit back hard. That's why they have a Foreign Legion.

Probably the most shameful event I've experienced in recent times was the "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys" kerfuffle which, I have to admit, was funny the first time but got old fast. Making foreign policy via late night TV comedy snark is a bad idea.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Here are some examples of how cartoonists are reacting to the killing of catoonists in Paris.

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2015/01/cartoonists-responded-attack-charlie-hebdo/

The shooting is a good example of what happens when extremism is allowed to run.

Amazing to think these people actually think their god can not do anything itself but has to have them committ murder for 'it'.

But then the religious texts of many religions and history is full of murder committed in the name of some god and by the command of some god.

So then, they did kill because of their religion. It is not a religion of peace.

So if you want to believe that then there are lots of examples of christianity fitting the description of NOT being a religion of peace too. 

As I posted it is an example of wht can happen when extremists read the good books.

For example these can give any extremist christian believer the approval to kill for their god.

Exodus 22:20

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 & 13:12-16 & 17:2-7

Mark 6:11

And the reason many christians do not know details of other religions

2 John 1:10

Romans 16:17

Colossians 2:8

Again I point out that a 'believer' killing for their god, whichever one that is, is really just pointing out that their god is impotent and they know that since they figure they have to do the murdering for their god.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Here are some examples of how cartoonists are reacting to the killing of catoonists in Paris.

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2015/01/cartoonists-responded-attack-charlie-hebdo/

The shooting is a good example of what happens when extremism is allowed to run.

Amazing to think these people actually think their god can not do anything itself but has to have them committ murder for 'it'.

But then the religious texts of many religions and history is full of murder committed in the name of some god and by the command of some god.

So then, they did kill because of their religion. It is not a religion of peace.

So if you want to believe that then there are lots of examples of christianity fitting the description of NOT being a religion of peace too. 

As I posted it is an example of wht can happen when extremists read the good books.

For example these can give any extremist christian believer the approval to kill for their god.

Exodus 22:20

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 & 13:12-16 & 17:2-7

Mark 6:11

And the reason many christians do not know details of other religions

2 John 1:10

Romans 16:17

Colossians 2:8

Again I point out that a 'believer' killing for their god, whichever one that is, is really just pointing out that their god is impotent and they know that since they figure they have to do the murdering for their god.

The cartoonist were not gunned down by Christians. The Christian faith says let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Not correct. Jesus said that not Christian faith.