cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Jefferson and the Founders popular here

At least always have been. Haven’t heard much lately. But they got a lot of Ag Forum Press back in the early Bagger days.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/ocasio-cortez-aocs-billionaires-taxes-hannity-american-democr...

19 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Jefferson and the Founders popular here

So, you think Jefferson would look at an exceptionally prosperous America and compare its exceptionally fat population to the poverty ridden population of prerevolution France and think it was similar?   A completely asinine comparison.

Put Jefferson in the time machine and send him to Venezeula and he can see what wealth redistribution does to prosperous countries.  Send him to Mao's China and he can see the death that AOC's vision brings with it.  What would be reenforced in Jefferson's knowledge is that governmental systems that are centrally dominated like France's monarchy, Stalin's USSR or AOC's USSA are the systems which impoverish nearly everyone while making those in control exceptionally wealthy.

Just because one guy has a lamborgini, Bruce, doesn't mean your car won't get you there just as well.

Advisor

there actually are people that would rather have everyone walk, than to have one guy drive a nice Ford F350 while he is driving a Chevy Volt.

Senior Contributor

Saying capitalism is immoral  because it allows the existence of billionaires is like saying eating caviare is immoral when most people only eat steak.

Honored Advisor

The trouble of making apples to apples comparison from 230 years ago to today  (as Sam eluded to) the demographics and economy is totally different.  AOC wants to tax everyone to be the same, use the revenue for "medicare for all" and open borders.  It would turn this country into Venezuela in less than a decade (AOC does say the world ends in 12 years) .  

But take the I Phone for only one quick example, Steve Jobs would`ve made his $10 million and said "the heck with it! I`m gonna sit in a hemmock, I`m not giving the federal government 70 cents of every dollar i make, plus give the state the other 30 cents!...If I work anymore I might owe the government more than I make gross!" It took more than $10 million for the I Phone to come to fruition, without that monetary incentive, it would`ve never been developed. 

Ben Franklin (another founding father) said "The Republic will only last so long as the populace doesn`t figure out they can pick the taxpayer`s pocket"  well Bernie, Pochontas, AOC are pickpockets in the limelight right now...climate asside, we probably do only have 12 years left.

Senior Advisor

Once you tax the wealth away from people.......then what?

Veteran Advisor

Deficit ,  Deficit,   Deficit,   untill  2017  -  then  all  of  a  sudden  -  NO  MATTER   -  all's  well  -  magic   -   -   -  

Senior Advisor

Free medicine. Free college. Magic.

Senior Contributor

South of the border land reform is a very popular issue, especially among the agrarian poor. 

What's become the prog voting base?

South of the border Agrarian poor, landless inner city, near landless coastal urban.

Who is not among the prog voter base?

Landowners.

If its immoral to have a million (or a billion the level is arbitrary), when some only have 100k,  isn't it immoral for some to be landless when some have 100s of acres?

Veteran Advisor

ALL  YOU  HAVE  TO  CLAIM  IS   -  Mexico  is  going  to pay  for  it  -  our  NEW  theme  since  2016   - ?