cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Jeremy Grantham-Must Watch

Saw they were discussing the Grantham interview on Agtalk. The Fed has controlled the stock market for the last 20 years. Who da thunk it?

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?blog=Market-Ticker&page=2

5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Jeremy Grantham-Must Watch

I'd watched it yesterday.

Yeah, you know... free markets and all that stuff.

Was anybody over at that other site surprised?

http://www.bobdylanlyrics.net/aawatcht.html

P.S. Got a link to that site? I used to lurk now and then at the newagtalk site but they seemed to have taken the issues forum down.

Senior Contributor

Hey Bruce, the boiler room on that site is now by invatation only, if they ran this site they would`ve shut down the forum long ago Smiley Happy   The only thing surprising about Jeremy`s interview is it`s now mainstream, with the lovely Bartiromo nodding as he lays it all out. It sounds like the CME wants in on the manipulation gig with raising margin requirements on commodities. No wonder the overnights got pounded like a screendoor in a hurricane.

.http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=195369&mid=1432197#M1432197 

Senior Advisor

It sure is disgusting that the justice department seems to be wholly inadequate. They needed Spitzer in there. But then these transactions are so darned complex that it take a wizard to unravel them.

Selling the same bundles to several funds ought to get someone some serious jail time.

I got a kick out of Michael Moore in capitalism a love story trying to get the wall street folks to explain what a derivative was. It didn't seem like anyone could explain it.One guy was a head honcho in the Harvard Business school.

Senior Advisor

In addition, I think so many judge the health of the econopmy by the values on the Dow Jones. So Government and the Fed try to prop up wall steet and the values there through tax policy and low low interest rates. What they are doing is treating the symptoms instead of the ailments in the economy giving the public a false sense of confidence in the market. Wall street should advance on earnings. Instead it is bolstered by non productive dollars chasing an undeserved bull market.

Wall street should have to compete with saving certificates for capital. Instead, they are diminishing the competition for wall street and they receive too much capital by default. Money naturally gravitates toward potential earnings. Lousy earnings for bank savings drives many millions toward wall street. The Dow would probably never been driven to such heights without that influx of capital that rightfully belongs in insured savings account or certificates.

There are consequences to any action by the fed but this was a concerted effort to keep interest rates low for a too long period of time discouraging savings and encouraging irrational investment.

So it seems to me.

Veteran Advisor

Capitalism: A Love Story just showed up on Wed. from Netflix. Snow storm coming in...might have to make some popcorn.

I'll let you know when we've seen it and we can compare reviews.