cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Jesse Ventura anecdote

That chart tells you everything you need to know as to why you have the skinny fellow currently occupying the oval office.

His legacy could have been worse. After the 2006 shellacking he got rid of Rumsfeld, sent Cheney into deep storage and became very personally engaged with The Surge. And it was successful, in approximately the same way that Dunkirk was.

But for that he wouldn't be holding his position above Harding and Buchanan at the bottom of the presidential rankings lists.

r3020
Senior Advisor

No the chart doesn't tell you that. The skinny guy got in because of his skin color. Other wise we would be talking about President Clinton.

hardnox
Advisor

Yeah, maybe, given that portion of the democratic base got peeled away from her in the primary.

But there was also very little enthusiasm for another Clinton at that point, just as there was less for another Bush this year.

And, of course in the general McCain made a huge mistake with Palin- she may have energized the base but she was offputting to more. The GOP circular firing squad really started forming up at that time.

Clinton still carries a fair amount of those unfavorables but has managed to tie herself to Obama's legacy this time. A very weak candidate if she was running against a competent party.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

you and Hillary have pretty equal chances of being the next

president of the USA.

If Bernie Sanders winning state after state doesn't tell the DNC

anything, I guess November 2016 will.

hardnox
Advisor

Would have been a landslide for Romney.

Polls indicated that Kasich or Rubio would have also won.

But Nasty emerged the winner from among the 17 dwarves and now it is a race.

Sorry for being politiclaly incorrect, I meant Little People.

I agree, though, that it is hard to live in a white rural place and not believe that Trump will win by a landslide.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Romney was hated by the 53% who pay no federal income tax.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

To maybe over simplify it Bush begat Obama...he really "phoned in" his 2nd term.  I think a fair amount of the electorate were going to vote Democrat in 2008, regardless who the nominee was...well a "cool black guy" snuck in and the gray hairs said "whatever, it`ll really p*ss off Uncle Martin Smiley Very Happy"  and of course that fired up everyone that doesn`t need SP 15 sun lotion, especially those in the below 30 group.  The GOP could`ve ran Mother Teresa & Jesus and we would`ve still lost.   I think McCain was a sacrificial lamb, running to lose.  The GOP muckety-mucks thought "we`re gonna lose anyway"  Mccain picked Sarah ♥ because the idea an assured loss could be blamed on the 'extreme rightwingism" of Sarah♥ and the rest of us "mouth breathers" ...we were supposed to be swept into the dust bin of history.   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum, most of us mouth breathers blamed Mcain and Sarah♥ is our Joan of Arc.

The way it looks, as you admit in another post, this extreme liberalism was a little "too much too soon" ...maybe not you but many liberals that need SP 15 lotion see no danger in letting the pedulum swing back after 8 years of Sodom and Gomorah.   Add in a weak Dem candidate Hillary that`s only there because it`s her turn and Trump has a real shot at this.  I see the profanity and lunacy of the Trump protesters...that does not hurt Trump one bit with the majority of Americans.  They have to say "If these are against Trump, I don`t want to be aligned with them!".

hardnox
Advisor

According to Harry Reid that would include Willard.

hardnox
Advisor

It is very tough to beat a sitting president.

Even Reagan probably couldn't have beaten Carter without some treasonous actions.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA your analogy of Mother Teresa running for the presidency seems to ignore the facts of what that lady did.

look into how many $$ she talked people into giving her and her church and how few $'s made it into helping the poor in India or anywhere else.

look at her philosophy that it is good to be poor, that it is good to be in pain.

She would deserve to be defeated in an election to a position like President.