Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Jews, Communism and the Democratic Party

Why 78% of Jews voted for Barack Obama

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/11037

Historical essay on why Jews would seemingly vote against their own economic interests

5 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Jews, Communism and the Democratic Party

Hey Red, the Democrat party has changed, I mean terribly just since Bill Clinton.  Conceivably a somewhat decent person that was a little blind could vote Democrat, but with the election of Obama the wolf has removed his sheep`s clothing. There are many Jews that are no longer duped by Democrats, just like Blacks and other groups that recognize than this isn`t the Democrat party of their fathers. Communism was dabbled in by many good folks like Lucille Ball, once it became clear they quickly dropped it, but it was forever on their records. Here`s a link to the "Refuseniks" in the 80`s USSR http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/Human_Rights/refuseniks.html

bruce MN
Advisor

I can see why someone would take from it that they might be voting against their presumed cultural interests, but how do you come up with the generality that as a group voting as they do would be against hteir "economic" interests.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Jewish people, my great grandparents included, are not very often noted to be lazy or lacking ambition. An honest asseessment of the current culture in the democratic party would be that it is the party of sloth and ridiing in the cart , as opposed to pulling the cart. Granted, this is a stereotype on both sides, but that is the way I see it.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

"An honest asseessment of the current culture in the democratic party would be that it is the party of sloth and ridiing in the cart , as opposed to pulling the cart."

Though that may be your "honest assessment," ity may likely not be a truthful assessment and it is certainly a bias assessment. You would never catch me saying all republicans are rich fat cats that milk the system for loopholes, but for some people, that would be an honest assessment - not me. I know all sorts of people are republican from practically all walks of life. There are some generalizations that can be made about either party, but I doubt they should contain terms like "sloth," "riding the cart," etc.

Most Democrats are hard working blue collar people. A few are lazy no-goods living off social programs (but how many of those vote?).

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

If you honestly believe that hard working, net tax paying people put the zero in the white house, then the sky in your world is a different color than the heavens above where I live. By net tax paying, I mean strip away all government transfer payments, and compare them to taxes paid...if it is net positive, you are a net taxpayer. if not, you are riding in the cart.

Hobbyfarmer in marketing has a great post today...you should go to marketing and read it if it is not moved here.