cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Jobs report

@bruce MN wrote:

As said numerous times here the only way you could be thicker headed you’d have to be twins. 

* to reporter: This is a great Jobs number and shows our policies are moving the country in the right direction.

Reporter to *: Sir this is a terrible jobs report.

* to reporter: This is the Trump economy.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

I suppose what fascinated me most about yesterday’s job’s report was how very wrong the so called “experts” got it with their own prediction numbers. 

Like weather forecasting, you are hoping that that professional guys who live and breath their up to date data can get you somewhere in the ball park with their predictions. If not exactly on second base, then their numbers will be somewhere hopefully between the left and right foul poles.

Yesterday’s actual jobs numbers in relation to the expert predictions were somewhere outside of the city limits to the stadium in question. There is a greater lesson (or warning) here if anyone cares to learn it.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@Packard27 wrote:

I suppose what fascinated me most about yesterday’s job’s report was how very wrong the so called “experts” got it with their own prediction numbers. 

Like weather forecasting, you are hoping that that professional guys who live and breath their data can get you somewhere in the ball park with their predictions. If not on second base, then somwhere hopefully between the left and right foul polls.

Yesterday’s actual numbers in relation to the expert predictions were somewhere outside of the stadium’s city limits. There is a greater lesson here if anyone cares to look.

And all those experts are saying inflation is transitory.   Wonder what m1 and m2 are saying?

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Can’t say, but don’t sell the farm, and how about them corn and soybeans futures?

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Don't hold cash

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Re: The vast majority of the 266,000 newly hired were ...

@rickgthf wrote:

The vast majority of the 266,000 new hires were men.  Women haven't got child care worked out.  I guess trump's plan to keep the women at home is working.  The religious conservatives must be happy.  Now if they could just figure out how to afford to live on just one income.

Trump's plan? Ricky have to be the stupidest moron on the planet!!!

Packard27
Senior Contributor

You just knew that somehow or someway, Donald J. Trump just had to be at the bottom of the surprisingly lousy job numbers.

[File Under: Donald J. Trump is a witch because he even turned me into a newt... but I got better.]

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yes, given the steep chip related slowdown in auto production (and some other manufacturing sectors) I was surprised by the optimistic projections.

BTW, the net monthly increase was 100% men. Tells you what you need to know.

The 500k/month rate will still get us back to near full employment in a year- about what has been projected.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

A $15/hr wage competes with the unemployment benefits.

$2.35/hr plus tips in a place that's half full, probably not.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Most recent peak in US auto monthly production was 3.95M in July 2015.

I haven't seen April but March was 1.18m.