cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Joni Ernst for Senate...she`s got my vote!

Joni knows how to "cut pork"   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh9TGDRBVk4  

Here`s Jimmy Fallon`s monologue on Joni`s ad  Smiley Happy 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlsQVdLvMA  

9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Joni Ernst for Senate...she`s got my vote!

Yep...she's got my vote also. Braley stuck his foot in his mouth on the same day this ad came out. Gotta love it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Cutting the pork in Washington

I love it.

Advisor

i didn't know that anybody in Washington had any balls----well maybe Hillary has some

Honored Advisor

Joni`s ad works for me, it showcases that she has a farm background, a work ethic, well spoken.  However, I ran the ad past my Democrat Wife, she thought it was horrible, she says "I know you cut pigs but you never appear to be happy about the job" .   Cuttin` hogs is a part of life, if Iowa still is in touch with their agrarian roots, that ad will resonate.  Joni is taking a gamble, she moved from a 2nd tier candidate to being mentioned on national televison, that might get people to give her a second look.

Joni needs to be on her toes I can see the media using the ad to paint her as a "Christine O`Donnell"...and PETA going nuts.   But, people have got to realize, if we do stand a small chance of coming out of theis mess, it will have to come from candidates that are honest and not tell the electorate that it`s raining as their legs are being peed on.

Senior Contributor

Mother-Soldier-Conservative-Pig Castrator. Yeah, she's qualified for the senate.

And perfect hair ( Wig ) , makeup and bright shiney teeth.

But was she this vocal  about the even MORE wasteful spending of Reagan, Bush SR and shrub Bush ?

Veteran Advisor

Seems like a good choice. Sure she knows more than anyone the progressives are going to put up against her.

Senior Contributor

She wants to do some castrating, she should start in the House, Boehner, FIRST, then Cantor, Issa, Rogers. Really might do them hogs some good!

Senior Advisor

She reminds me of my daughters. I tell them no matter where they go are what they do in life they will always be the only women in the room that held a snare while their dad pinched a sow's nose full of rings.

Honored Advisor

Smiley Happy  I think that` it`s high time we put people in office that understand those "dirty jobs".   People that don`t have the option of "calling in sick"  or "taking a early lunch".   I hope it works out for Joni, we also have other good Republican contenders for Tom Harkin`s seat.  Mark Jacobs is also good, he turned around a company that banks and investors had left for dead.  

I always thought that Tom Harkin was as bad as it can get "too evil for even satan" but from what I`m hearing this Democrat Bruce Braley is even worse.   Never could figure out why we Iowans choose to "not be represented in the senate" because Tom Harkin and Chuck Grassley cancel out each other`s vote.  Yet election after election, that gosh darn Tom Harkin was sent back to the senate.