cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midwest1959584
Veteran Contributor

Judge won't issue restraining order

Just wondering what all you lefties think about this woman's civil rights.  Who's rights should prevail the husband's or the wife's?

http://freemenow.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/sharia-judge-in-nj-gets-lifetime-appointment/

53 Replies
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Judge won't issue restraining order

If the events happened as you say, her claims should be tested in a higher court.

Laying aside the religious aspect, what are a man's rights in a marriage contract? Refusal of sexual benefits I suppose is a woman's choice, but does that mean the man is obligated to remain celebate the rest of his life? 

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

I do not think it is right for anyone to force others to do their will. Not individuals or countries imposing their will on other countries.

I do believe all people should be protected and allowed to make their own way in this world without being force to do something by others whether their partner or any religious decree.

I will not try to out guess judicial decisions because I was not there to hear and see all the evidence.

You do seem to have a religious purpose behind your post and so I would ask are all the women who are abused in the USA Muslim. If so then there is reason to point fingers. If some, or as I believe, many of the abuse women in the USA believers in the Christian religion then your post looks like discrimination.

Once you understand the truth about 'gods' then you see the evil that is conducted in the name of some 'god', indeed all 'gods' at different times.  

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I agree canuck. I don't know how we determine the basis for the judges decision. Facts of the case or his religious beliefs. It is very difficult to find any logic that would support his decision.

If the decision was made based on his religious convictions, I think that should disqualify him for the office he holds. But then many christians think that judgements should be made based on their religious faith. AKA same sex marriage.

My daddy taught me that we men just do not abuse women sexually or physically. And i would ad verbally to that list.

Remember the movies in the olden days when the movies portrayed the woman saying no no no and the persistant male continues on. Eventually, the woman succombs to her own desires and the male is rewarded. What a dumb thing to teach males. That women really want to do it to so the no really means nothing.

Midwest1959584
Veteran Contributor

Well it's not the events as I say.  It's as she says, but  I just don't understand, the upholding of sharia law in American courts.  If she feels threatened enough for a restraining order, she should get one.  Sex with someone else"s body is not a right.

It bothers me we are beginning to allow others to live by their own countries laws here.   If we can't enforce our own laws here, then none of us have any rights http://sharialaw.blogspot.com/

All of the ones on here calling racism, should be in a total uproar over this.  The fact that they arent', shows they only care about agendas and not people as they claim.  If they'll carry the flag for a different race, but not for a different sex, then they are hypocrits, of the worst kind. 

Refusal of sexual benefits, is cause for divorce not rape.  Put your daughter in this situation....does that make a difference? 

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Thank goodness it wasn't upheld. It was overturned.

http://lhla.org/breaking_news/?p=5274

.....but that really does nothing to excuse the gutless SOB original judge.

Trying to find what the judge actually said...if there is any transcript or published findings that came along with the original decison but I'm not having any luck...only snips and exccerts. Maybe his level of court doesn't require anything.

Doing the googlin' looking for it I did run across alot of some of one of my favorite  forms of entertainment which is reading the works of right winged psuedofeminists, whose credo is built around submission. Found it a bit strange that so many of their sites that I came across doubled up on the standard when it came to a non-Christianist relationship. Something like this happens in a winger church like those I've lived around all my life and nobody but the "good men" in the "good folks" of the parish  who come to visit the woman to tell her not to disgrace her family or the congregation are likely the only other souls outside of the couple's house who ever know anything about it. Sure as hell never gets into court, much less the local paper.

Midwest1959584
Veteran Contributor

I guess my real concern here is how many countries laws do we enforce over our own?  We can't possibley sustain a legal system that will enforce laws on citizens according to what country they are from, can we?  IMO religion doesn't give you right to have sex with someone, but hey that's just me.  If she won't have sex you divorce her, you don't rape her. 

If we let sharia law be enforced, don't we have to let everyone else's laws be enforced?  Who says some idiot wont say his religion say he has to kill everyone who doesn't follow his religion. 

The thought that a judge would even think to let someone by, on what is a crime in the USA, to be committed because of relious beliefs is frightening.

Jim.ia.us
Frequent Contributor

This is a great question. To find the answer one has to look in the Bible. In Ephesians 5: 22-33 says this:

22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

You see the husband must love his wife as Christ loved the church. What did Christ do for the church? He died for her. The husband must love his wife so much he would die for her. Any woman who has a man like this would do anything he asks.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

BUUUUUUU, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

BULLS##T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like if that ACTUALLY HAPPENED, this wouldn't be blasted by Fox "News" non-stop 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prove that it's even a true story besides some crackpot on a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Your biblical quote and spin on it makes the man superior to the woman and requires the woman to do everything that the man requests.

That is no different than the Muslim belief.

With no belief in a god I understand the woman to be a human, the same as me. A person with her own wants, desires and RIGHTS the same as a man.

I do not have to agree with her decisions or wants but I have no right to command, require or otherwise force her to comply with my wishes.

To get back to the court case it seems to have been corrected if the first decision was in error.

I am not going to claim the original was wrong because I know how the judicial and court system works and one person saying something a little differently in the next court could change the outcome.

What I am saying is, while I do not agree with anyone being allowed to do as their opinion of a 'gods' desire requests if it is against the law of the land, the court system has to deal with the case the way it is presented.

If the judge really did ignore evidence to the contrary and allow the man to get away with no repercussions for abuse, then he was wrong and while your system seems to have corrected that, it would be hoped that the judge will be penalized IF he erred in his decision. The appropriate authorities will have to deal with that.