cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Jussie Smollett

How will you and all the media defend this guy?

13 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Jussie Smollett

If the most recent allegations prove to be true it’s a possible felony. If so, why would anyone feel compelled to defend him? Who is the “you” that you are pointing at?
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

All you the world is wrong and your picking on me  anti Trump types.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

and how the media picked up on a hot item, but NOW have dropped the HOT potato...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

He potentially faked the original letter he used as his reason for pulling the hoax... 

But an even bigger question... is he actually related to Kamala Harris?  

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1098009209071902722

That might add another level to the deception and why it was being pulled.... hmmmm. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

As I recall from similar incidents the dialogue goes like this;

He was just showing what is happening across the USA and had to do it because the media doesn't report it when it happens to ordinary people.

And further it's justified because even if it didn't happen it could happen because the MAGA people are all like that.

Highlighted
Advisor

Who is this guy? What is this “Empire”?

I haven’t regularly watched a network TV sit-com or weekly drama since Cheers and Hill Street Bluess went off the air. So maybe I’m not a good one to ask.

How does this guy’s obviously serious crime fit into making RWingers apoplectic? I’ve seen some left and mainstream sources that are highly and properly very critical, but the Murdoch/Sinclar/alt crowd seems to be busting a vein over it.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I've never watched Empire, had to Google it to see what it was about.  Sounds like something I haven't missed, would never choose to watch anyway.  Perhaps more popular with the African-American, Motown, hip-hop or rap, gang-banger, drug money/culture, and/or gender-challenged crowd, especially those from Chicago or New York.  From Wikipedia, it looks like viewership is around half of it's 1st season, and has obviously been declining -- probably on verge of ending altogether, but that's just my opinion.  

From what I've read on news/etc stories, it sounds like Jussie's role on Empire has been reduced, and his pay isn't what he thinks it should be.  Personally, sounds like his role should be reduced to -0- and his pay to match.

Appears Jussie has some connections, pics come up on Google with Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris, etc.  Some of the story with Kamala Harris appears deeper than the pics.

Just another wannabe "actor" who thinks he is more important in society than he really is.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jussie-smollett/actor-smollett-staged-hate-crime-hoax-to-a...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/02/does_the_jussie_smollett_case_really_end_with_the_niger...

Holy cow, possibly more --

https://cloverchronicle.com/2019/02/15/huge-kamala-harris-is-allegedly-involved-in-jussie-smolletts-...

Besides other things, from this article, appears Jussie Smollett is a nephew of Kamala Harris?  And, Jussie's sister did some work with Obama campaign?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Curiously the DOJ hasn't started any proceedings.  This was a hate crime and as such it should be federally prosecuted.

It's past time to treat some groups differently with the law than others. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(Who is this guy? What is this “Empire”?)

I have no idea what "empire" is, never heard of Smollett until a couple of weeks ago when he was attacked.

He (Smollett) was going home from Subway and he was attacked by 2 people whom yelled this is MAGA Country (Chicago), and calling him the N word, he was punched & kicked and they put a rope around his neck, later he realized that they also poured some type of liquid on him.  When he got home he realized that he had a rope burn on his neck and his clavicle & ribs were messed up.  The reason he was targeted was because he has went hard against 45.

About a week earlier Smollett had also received a letter, from MAGA, at his studio, the threatening letter also included a drawing of a noose.

You can watch his ABC interview with Robin Roberts. 

He (Jussie Smollett) is a person of passion and moral clarity in his activism.  This was an act of hatred & bigotry that must be rejected.

He was attacked because he was black.  It's because of the President of the US who is dog whistling every day.

Hope this helps clear up who he is.