cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Just Us system

Unless Trump is willing to take on this side of the equation the problem cannot be fixed.   Throw the people that employ them in jail.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/15/investigators-believe-five-poultry-companies-vio...

Neither the companies nor any executives have been charged with violating immigration law, although the documents name numerous managers who apparently knew about the widespread practice, according to the affidavits recently unsealed in Mississippi federal court. Immigration and Customs Enforcement carried out the raids at seven chicken-processing plants operated by the companies, arresting 680 workers, about half of whom have been released to await further hearings.

28 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Just Us system

The CBS interview with the US Attorney for S MS would indicate that this administration has no intention of doing anything of the sort. He can't do a darn thing until it is "proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

I'm generally loathe to criminalize more stuff but in this case I think the laws are already on the books.

Kinda like The Constitution and Trump's emoluments (and financial records and taxes, which speak to that), I guess. Sometimes there are more important things at stake.

Senior Contributor

I said that on here, a couple years ago and Red said I was nutzzzz ......

I agree that it would be a need to do.

Senior Contributor

RJ, that doesn't ring a bell....I rarely call anyone nutz here....usually just Mr. Nutz himself.

Senior Contributor

Red ,  "nutzzz" was paraphrasing  on my part........ whole dust up about the Wall , roofing companies , and so on and so forth...

maybe it wasn't you but I generally have pretty good recall. If not you , I apologize.

However........... I agree with what Sam posted and said it back then.  Anytime you want to correct an issue , you need to start at the top and work down.  The M.O. of a company/business/enterprise starts at the top.  What they allow , promote ,  and also what and how they adhere to rules/regulations/laws, will be seen on down through that organization.  

Senior Advisor

Depends. I have a buddy who sets concrete forms. Had  3 hispanics working for him which he went through E verify to hire. His competition turned him in as having ILLEGALS. He showed home land security the papers. One was legal 2 were not. They fled he's never seen them since. He didn't get in trouble because he went through E verify. He now doesn't hire hispanics. Says he has enough worries.

Senior Contributor

RS, I believe in the rule of law and if an employer is violating hiring law, he/she/they should be appropriately punished.

Honored Advisor

"E Verify" should be renamed what it is "CYA".  It must be full of loopholes that either the illegal employee come hack or if busted (like in the Molly Tibitts case) ..."oh my secretary was supposed to file form 36-9B it was a mix up. We were following the letter of the law yada yada yada". 

Advisor

Fully agree.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It seems we all agree that people who employ persons here illegally should be held to account.  Do we agree that those found to be here illegally should also be held to account?