cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Just back from South Padre

WE made another dental quest to Nueva Progreso to get the family choppers repaired. We holed up on Padre Island so the kids and grandkids could enjoy the beach. The BP oil leak has not effected that area in the slightest. Thanks for that. Our hotel offered wifi service that didn't work, thus I was out of communications with the world for the most part.

I did enjoy the sea food in the area and the fried oysters were incredible. Dirty Al's restuarant has earned my favor. Altough I don't know if a critics report in agonline measures up to a New York times report. Anyway I give it at least  ***.

5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Just back from South Padre

Welcome back Kraft, you were greatly missed.

Senior Advisor

Thank you kindly. It is good to be back.  We drove back from Padre Island to Tulsa in one day. 850 miles in 14 hours and I'm still weary after sleeping most of the day today.

BTW the Rio Grande Valley and Progreso are not as populated with the winter Texans gone home.

Senior Contributor

Welcome back Don.   I'm curious if while on your travels you noticed any increased anti-American feelings by the locals after the recent deadly shooting by a U.S. border patrol agent? 

Senior Advisor

I don't believe so but then I might be oblivious to what is going on around me. I do know those other folks like my money even if they don't like me.

Advisor

On that note, I'm Interested in talking to our daughter tomorrow, if we can get through to her, on that topic.

She's working the summer in Johannesburg (actually was fortunate enough to be able to attend yesterdays U.S.-U.K. World Cup match today). Interested in hearing if she picked up on any of the anti-U.S., pro BP stuff that the Brit oligarchs and plutocrats are trying to stir up among the commoners..