cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Just like the old days

I hope Bobby can got out there with his kids and relive the glory days of his childhood before the curse of man made global warming. Cold and snow now just like then.

snip-

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-42532429/

2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Just like the old days

All of the alarmists, especially along the east coast, should be ecstatic that the world is not ending......but are they?

Veteran Advisor

Re: Just like the old days

I notice that the powers-that-be have shelved the "global warming" propaganda the last week or two, while all of this normal winter weather is happening. But to be sure, as soon as the first blade of green grass shows up, the fascist One Worlders and the communist GTO types will team up and pound their drum of global warming doom and gloom, the need for an even MORE HUGE all controlling Central Government that DICTATES their demands for all of the money to be re-distributed to the Central Government.

I am so amazed that not even more people haven't seen the handwriting on the wall of what these dangerous people have in store for them. It is so frustrating dealing with SO MANY lower IQ obtuse dolts.