cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Just read through 3 days worth of posts

Multiple mention of "Obama's wars".

I'm very unhappy with the President, Have been since the assembly of his economic team, ever before he was sworn in. That can be documented in the archives here.

Now it's obvious that any Republican  who had a shot at that nomination would have handled the economy and fiscal and monetary policy exactly as Obama has. (letting the banks run things... maybe a different way of getting on and off, but the same penetration of the same orifice), So that was going to be how it was going to be. Just maybe if teh GOP candiate, McCain or otherwise would have won there would have been no teabaggers and the economy wouldn't have been summarily scutteld as they have now very likley quaranteed it to be, but I'm more interested right here and now in defense policy because we are f'd on growth and jobs now and that's under the bridge.

So,  as for these wars and what happened on Friday in Afghanistan....unless I've missed something, is there a GOP aspirant other than Dr. Paul who is running on a anti-war, "bring them home now" plank? I'd be interested in looking into him or her,

16 Replies
Advisor

Re: Just read through 3 days worth of posts

"the economy wouldn't have been summarily scutteld as they have now very likley quaranteed it to be,"

Really? Oh my, grasping at any straw to find a scapegoat? There's just no way possible that it could have been that entire edifice progressive economic hocus pocus that our country has been built upon is to blame. No it couldn't be that its those **bleep** teaparty people, round them up!
Honored Advisor

Bruce what you and the other liberals need to understand is that the presidency comes with a "As is" warranty.  If you go to buy a boat and it has a sign "$10,000   As is" . The nice old lady says "It was my late husband`s boat, I know nothing about it, I want $10,000 As is" .  Now the hull has a hole that you could throw a basketball through...if you "buy it' it`s your baby, as is.  Obama had 2 Houses free and clear for 2 years. If the Bush tax cuts were "bad" why didn`t they repeal it???   The wars were going on when he took office, he campaigned on stopping them.  Again alllll of 2009 and allll of 2010, solid 24 months, noooo, Republicans in sight, why didn`t he bring the boys home????  When Obama and the Dems took total control in January of 2009 Bush gave him $1.75 gasoline, 5.8% unemployment and a national debt of $10.3 Trillion.   Today gasoline is $3.40 (must be his oil buddies, right?)  9.1% unemployment and a national debt of $14.5 TRILLION and climbing.  I ask you, ARE WE BETTER OFF AFTER 3 YEARS?? If Obama stopped the wars I might give him a break, if he repealed the Bush tax cuts I might give give him a break. If he could point to ONE SUBSTANTIVE thing that he did to improve the economy...stupid, I might give the guy a break.  With all this evidence any sane person has to conclude that Mr Obama is trying to destroy the economy on purpose.  S and P down grades us and where is he?  Outside of Timmy stroking his ego saying "Click your heels. No place like home".  This guy don`t give a rat`s ass about what happens to this country!!!  Yeah if McCain won there`d be a chance we`d still be in the wars, but at a lesser degree than what we are today. Yeah the national debt would be approaching $13 Trillion but at least over a Trillion less than today.  

Senior Contributor

might give give him a break.  - the sun will rise in the west before you would do anything for the dems.  You are so rusted on to the repigs that intimacy now creeps into the equation.

Advisor

I said I wasn't happy with him and then asked a question.

I already knew how you felt about the rest.

As to that question?

Honored Advisor

So Bruce if you`re talking to `Lunchbox Joe` a recently unemployed and former Obama supporter, what do you say to convince him to vote for Obama again?   "Sure Lunchbox you`re in the 16% un and underemployed and your son Billy is still in Iraq.  But Obama is the first Black President, isn`t that historic?"   "Also your son serving in Iraq can know that gays can now serve openly right by his side, isn`t that wonderfull."    "Obama has also protected the right to choose for the all ladies of America, isn`t that great?"   See Bruce, Lunchbox`s kid is still in Iraq, in `08 he voted on "Hope" that Billy would be home by now.  Lunchbox`s life is considerably worse than in was in `08.   I really don`t know what one could tell Lunchbox to get him to pull the lever once again for Obama.  Obama has a $1 billion relection war chest, he`s gonna need every penny. 

Senior Contributor

So Bruce MN, you think the orifice we all have been sucked into would have happened if John Mcsame and Sarah "leggs" Palin had been elected?

Veteran Contributor

""""So,  as for these wars and what happened on Friday in Afghanistan....unless I've missed something, is there a GOP aspirant other than Dr. Paul who is running on a anti-war, "bring them home now" plank? I'd be interested in looking into him or her""""

No one ,  Know why??    Because wars mean weapons and weapons mean money.

Veteran Advisor

I don't know a whole lot but one thing I do know and that is getting rid of Obama will NOT cure the ills of this nation as long as we have the "haves" expecting to do business as usual and forcing the "have nots" to be the only people with dogs in the fight!!!  Dean and a repub from SC (can't remember his name) were on Sunday morning TV and the comment was made that EVERYONE including for sure the "haves" of this country have to own some part of the recovery.  Right now, the tea party and most repubs only want to cut "entitlements" and other things that only middle and low income folks have for the most part and for sure the only ones who have to rely on them.

Senior Contributor

I've noticed that too. Even Michele 'miss moonbeam' Bachmann isn't ratteling the military cages.

I believe these mid east wars all go back to the 'Big Oil' influence in DC. Moreso than even the weapons industry. Big Oil has lined the politicians pockets and continue to line them. In exchange, politicans continue to fund these hoplessly unwinnable incursions into other folks far away lands in the name of "freedom"???

Dam them all.