cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Just read through 3 days worth of posts

The die had been cast with the realizations that came with the official fiancial crisis as it played out 2 months before the election...so surely. Maybe playing out differently, but surely.

McCain comes from more of an activist tradition than Obama does on such matters anyhow, coming out of teh Goldwater progressive GOP tradition as opposed to Obama coming out of the same institution as Milton Freidman as well as the founders of neconservatism.. And he had hands on experience coming out of the aftermath of the S & L crisis.

The mistake the public made was in thinking that Obama would look to see what had happened and attempt to claw some of it back and work to see that the causes were cleaned up. Instead he hired people form right out of the middle of the den of theives who had perpetrated it all.

The banksters underwrite the social conservative movement. The most unholy (pun intended) arrangement we've probably ever seen. With the Palin factor, I doubt much more would have been done to avert where we eventually wound up. McCain might have been able to get mad and get by with it though. People actually seemed to like that about him. Brother Obama has to be careful about that, however, so as not to trigger the Jesse, Malcolm and Farakaan comparisoms.

Highlighted
Advisor

It would be locate, not grasp.

Are you grasping at a straw that has written upon it that financial de-regulation was a "progressive" initiative? You aren't going to come up with the bull siiite about FM and FrM being the exclusive cause fo the crisis are you? I'd have thought better if in fact that's where you are going.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well, we will never know for sure now that we are in this smelly abyss. I have always felt we had a chance to print our way out of this mess as we always have in the past. Just steal some more from the old folks and folks on fixed incomes. But this time with the world following our lead of printing their currencies and uros without end, and countries such as Greece and Italy threatening defalt, it seems as though this hill may be too big for us to climb. I can see a very real situation developing where we ag producers may hold up with pretty good cash prices for our products providing cash in our bank accounts, but the rest of the infrastructure around us fails. It may get to the point where even though we have some cash to purchase needed crop production imputs, our surrounding imput suppliers simply cannot supply at any price because of the infrastructure around us collapsing. First thing will be a freeze up of the banks. We in ag are not imune from what is going around us.

I do think Obama and  Geitner are to blame. Obama lied to us about promising so many changes in government, from returning transparancy in governmental transactions to ending the Iraq war. And that tax cheat Geitner is a total incompetant.

If the repigs don't come up with someone that lights the fires pretty soon, I will stay home election day. That is, if there are any voting places left open.

Highlighted
Advisor

Oh jeeze, how many times, how many times do I have to tell you that deregulation was not a cause it was a contributing factor, as was the lax lending standards encouraged by social change advocates.   The cause is our corrupt, flawed, progressive banking system.    The progressive thought that developed in the late 19th century and was put into effect in the early 20th century that believed that learned technocrats should guide the affairs of the ignorant masses.   That the educated wealthy elite would choose these technocrats, and the technocrats would feed the masses to the industrial complex, that they would manage the economy to keep the masses placated and the wealthy safely in place.   Folly it is, no men are wise enough, and it invites the corrupt, and greedy to power.  What we are witnessing is a complete collapse of a philosophical movement, a display of its bankruptcy.  One so entrenched that people like yourself don't even recognize it.   it appears that it is just the way things are.  No, it is because that is the direction that was chosen. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Replacing Obama with the right person would help. 

The haves do own part of the nonrecovery , the wealth part,  the politicians, no your behalf, agree to take the debt part.

Highlighted
Advisor

I know all of that...and yes it is the corruption

Pin pointing where it set in or what was perfect before becoming corrupt is abstract and arbitrary Sam. You've chosen the late 19th centruy, maybe  because you are fascinated by the industrialists and movers and shakers of those days and the last of the good old pioneer spirti  was still alive and what else...oh, yeah, the Austrian economists were such notable Germanic elitists and anti-semites that they decided that the returns from the general progress of man were to hard earned, to precious to be shared in any egalitarian manner. That rubes and the ill-bred with assets and access to capital markets would taint the perfectitude of modern accomplishments. And so did Ms Rand, and she wrote books about it and now you are as fascinated with John Galt as modern kids are with Harry Potter or, I'll give ya' this.. my generation of cultural liberals was with Holden Caulfield.

So now things are going to helll in a hand basket, but it surely CAN'T be those cautious and prudent captains of industry and capitalism who have always been our shining example of what all should seek to be who were corupted, or who were corrupting. It's gotta be the rest. of us..parasites all.

Now that it's soon coming to fruition..this new depression or 2nd  round of a devestating double dip recession or maybe even the collapse of global capital...what's your advice for a cure? What potion do you pour on the ashes to make the Pheonix rise? A return to the gold standard, in a world where most of what was supposed to be money has turned to vapor?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Would you care to explain, translate this?????

"The haves do own part of the nonrecovery , the wealth part,  the politicians, no your behalf, agree to take the debt part."