cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Just wanted to ask Dag

How many democrats the teabaggers supported during this years election and if any of them got elected? He argued with me that the tea bagger movement was a nonpartisan group of patriotic americans that gathered at the grass roots toi bring order to our government. Far As I can tell they onlky poushe extremist wackos of the republican party.

Does it trouble you that so much corporate money went into those efforts and if he thinks thoise wingers are going to serve the peoples interest or corporate interests.

What is particularly amuzing is that so many are supporting teabaggers against their own self interests. You didn't vote your guys in you voted for people that serve other interests. The joke is on you.

8 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Just wanted to ask Dag

Don, I agreed that the T.P. was made up mainly of Repubs but that polls such as the left leaning Des Moines Register poll showed there was also a fair amount of Dems and Independents that were supporting or agreeing with the T.P.

Iowa AP news     This is from a Des Moines Register poll conducted between Oct. 26 to Oct. 29, 2010.

Tea party supporters represent a cross-section of Iowa voters. Almost half identify with the GOP. Independents represent 39 percent, while Democrats make up 11 percent.

I find it mind boggling that some people can not understad how so many people are upset with Dems and Repubs for that matter. 

The T.P. wants to control spending and cut the deficit.  I guess they didn't see any Dems they felt would be good candidates to achieve that but you will have to ask the T.P. as I am not a member.

I have heard many from the left trying to suggest that T.P. members are simply against Obama because they are racist yet their were some  black T.P. candidates including a woman.

Yes I am troubled by all the corporate money in todays elections and all the out of state money spent in state elections or trying to shape state policies.  I am also troubled that very wealthy individuals are allowed to spend millions of dollars trying to influence our elections.   You are aware that Dems out spent Repubs in this election?  I'm sure you believe that all Dem campaign contributions came from individuals each giving $20 while all Repub campaign contributions came from large evil corporations.

"The joke is on you."  Don. you must be the thousand person I've heard since the election that is telling people who they believe voted against Dems that the joke is on them or how stupid they must be.   I can't recall the last time I saw so many bitter losers.

Veteran Advisor

NO, the democrats DID NOT outspend republicans, the "anonymous donations" alone was more, by around $50,000,000. 

Senior Contributor

better ck before you go too deep according to the dem natl comm they spent over 50 million more than the gop   this is not counting the 200 million the unions use to buy votes---but they got what they paid for because 60% of union members said they thought it was a shame the union wasted the money---after obamo reigned the price to buy a man went up --you just didnt get much for your dollar

Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

How many democrats the teabaggers supported during this years election and if any of them got elected? He argued with me that the tea bagger movement was a nonpartisan group of patriotic americans that gathered at the grass roots toi bring order to our government. Far As I can tell they onlky poushe extremist wackos of the republican party.

Does it trouble you that so much corporate money went into those efforts and if he thinks thoise wingers are going to serve the peoples interest or corporate interests.

What is particularly amuzing is that so many are supporting teabaggers against their own self interests. You didn't vote your guys in you voted for people that serve other interests. The joke is on you.

You lost Kraft, get over it. Move to the back of the bus and be quiet. What a poor loser.

Veteran Advisor

I choose to take an organization that tracked the anonymous spending in the run up to the election..........................over you. Any day of the week, too.

Senior Contributor

hate to bust your bubble tooless---but which side tracked the money and dont be surprised when you find NEITHER did

Senior Advisor

I haven't changed my mind. The onslaught against Obama and the dems was recklessly orchestrated by the right and their corporate bosses.

You were all liars and damned liars that tried to pretend that the teabaggers were a groundswell of grassroots humanity wanting what is best for america. Too many corporate dollars to deny that BS.

I heard Hailey Barber talking about the measily little 2 trillion added to the debt during the 8 years of Bush when any iodiot woort his salt can check on the debt increases and compare them from 2001 to 2009.  That is the type of  lies and damned lies that the repubs used to try to bring dems and Obama down.

Senior Contributor

Yeah, and now you don't have Olbermann to point that out. Bummer.