cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Kaepernick

I guess he did what he thought he had to do, for better or worse. We'll see where it goes, certainly far outside of my control.

But in general it, and BLM for that matter, are inconveniently timed as there is nothing more likely to get white folk to vote for their own destruction faster than the black folks getting uppity.

I do sympathize with him a bit though. Back around 2005-6 or so I'd gotten to the point where I literally felt ill when I'd be sitting in a crowd of $8 weiner chomping pale tubbies who were all experiencing religious ecstasy while watching a DoD pageant on the field. To remind you, that would be in the midst of two failed, poorly chosen and executed military adventures that were costing us half a $T a year and messing with hundreds of thousands of US lives- not to mention millions of others.

I'm hardly a high profile individual as he is but my conclusion in that case was that any form of public protest such as sitting for the anthem would not be understood by any of the tribe anyway.

BTW, I think there is a straight path from the time I reference to Trump. Once you're down the rabbit hole is is hard to head back to the light.

17 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Kaepernick

I heard a snippet about his jersey being the 3rd highest seller even though he`s second string.  ..oh this reminds me Laterel Spreewell kicked a camera man in the balls and his jerseys were going for 10 bucks at the Target Center Smiley Very Happy   But this polarizes the country more.

But shouldn`t Kapon-nick be pleased with the direction of the country?  Mischell Obama said 8yrs ago "this is the first time I`ve been proud of this country" well I would think the Kapon would also be happy with the direction and be standing good and straight at the anthem. 

At a game during the anthem, I feel uncomfortable standing, I doubt George Washington would in this day & age.  To get through the anthem, I think about the America 30 yrs ago, because today`s America... I`d be sitting down right beside the Kapon.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Blacks have been voting for dems their entire lives and nothing ever gets better.

hardnox
Advisor

You guys should be careful not to let it slip into neutral because you may slip back into that Hole in History that you left behind.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Hope is gone and the change was for the worse. Yet the vast majority will once again vote for the dem.

hardnox
Advisor

You show about as much understanding of, and empathy for, "the blacks" as El Donaldo does.

But that is similar to a majority of white folks, which is why this thing is even close.

The new Trump team is good, for sure. They are the world's experts on how to hook a sucker and keep him hooked.

Though I would observe that is like con men being able to spot a good mark by the larceny in his heart.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Just like Rahm in Chicago. The dems have been great to blacks there. No?

northnd
Senior Contributor

What the heck is going on? Why does this even matter? So an overpaid has been decides to take a rest during a song and the country is upside down. I see people sitting, wearing their hats, putting their hands on the wrong side of their body or not at all. I see them stuffing their faces, texting, tweeting, taking selfies and talking to others during the anthem. If he thinks his feeble attempt at drawing attention to injustice is valid that is his prerogative. His right. I certainly don't have a problem with it and can't figure out why others do.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Exactly, if someone`s heart isn`t in it...don`t do it...and if Hillary wins, I may also sit.   That may be the final straw, a flag that has been coopted by communists, isn`t a flag that one should stand for, I`ve probably stood 8 years too long at those events as it is now.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Does it count when you 'Markin paytrayuts stand in the Bud Lite line at a game during the National Anthem??