cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Keystone looks to be dead

President Obama wants more environmental impact studies. Then we wonder why Americans don't have jobs. Keep energy prices high, gives solyndra a chance. Open up your checkbook boys, there are cronies to pay.

79 Replies
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Keystone looks to be dead

The Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality, has publicly stated that they could get all necessary environmental reviews done in something like 1/3 the time of the Feds.  The only problem I see with that, is it would put the results out there well before the next election, and some politicians would have to actually make a decision one way or the other, on an election year.

FWIW, I trust the Nebraska DEQ to do an accurate review, more than I do the Feds.

Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

Words from a former Nebraska Weed Commissioner

"Keystone pipeline...from Canada to a Gulf seaport... SEAport. SeaPORT. Think about that for five minutes. SEAPORT. Oil Sand. Across the Missouri, Loups, Platte, and Republican Rivers. 500 one-week jobs. Our water in jeopardy forever. To carry CANADIAN oil. To a SEAPORT. This is only a test. To see how cosmically stupid we actually are."

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I hope they are going through your farm.

cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

If that pipeline would bring prices down I would be all for it, but it won't so why ruin a part of one of the most beautiful places on earth, the sandhills are great.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Words from a former Nebraska Weed Commissioner

Hey papa...that particular "weed commissioner" is a good guy and I respect what he has to say. I think I know him. Besides, last year the US exported a record number of barrels of oil. Apparently, we already have more than we need would be my conclusion.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure it's dead, but it should be, because it's all a lie, and Republicans are propogating it! Shame on them!

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/?akid=8143.272869.hG13Ff&id=764145&rd=1&t=7 

keystone-xl-tar-sands-pipeline-jobs-plan-oil-export

4wd
Senior Contributor

Good. Why should the USA ram it down Nebraskan's throat. If they don't want it, then run it thru Iowa.
r3020
Senior Advisor

To US refineries which employee union workers with high paying jobs. Now those jobs will be shipped over seas. This is the reason we no longer have a manufacturing base. We are more worried about some fruity tootie fruit fly or some flee infested rodent. All part of Obama's high priced energy policy he promised before the election. Good bye free enterprise, hello Greece.

4wd
Senior Contributor

NO 3020 you got it wrong. Nebraskans have been fighting the pipeline going thru the fragile Sandhills and exposing the Ogallala aquifer to possible poisoning from a leak. And you know how good the oil cos are about fixing leaks. Obama was just complying with their demands to stop it. They can find another route to the gulf.