cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Words from a former Nebraska Weed Commissioner

If they are so worried are there plans to cap the rest of the pipelines that criss cross through the state?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Don't cha' just hate it when your made a fool of, 20?LOL!! Your gettin' pretty good at it lately, maybe you should take a rest, like until after the election? Then you can start all over.

4wd
Senior Contributor

They can't. Those old pipelines are all grandfathered in. There have been leaks, too.
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

What you obviously don't understand is the sludge, toxic sludge that is proposed to flow through that line. As was stated earlier, no better than the oil company's are about cleaning up spills, Nebraskans don't want it.

4wd
Senior Contributor

Re: Keystone looks to be dead

If those tar sands are so great, why doesn't Canada build refineries on or near them and refine the stuff right in Canada, thus employing all those canucks in good jobs. and truckers with tankers dispatched to all points south.
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Another question? What do you suppose the plan is to dispose of the reminants of that toxic sludge is going to be? I know, 3020, why don't you volunteer to spread it on your farm!! So what if your great grandchildren are born with ther ears in the middle of their faces.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Okay time to inject some common sense

Alright liberals you got a oil pipeline goin` from Canada down to the Gulf and you`re worried about the pipeline springing a leak somewhere, do I have this correct?  Here`s what you do, buy spray monitor and if the pressure drops there`s a leak.  You have "gate valves"  every few miles and if there`s a leak you shut the pipeline off, maybe spill the equivalent of maybe a small tanker truck goes on the ground..whoopty frickin` doo!  you just spread a little "floor dry", no problemo.  And the contaminated soil is hauled off by the EPA to God knows where. This is only as big of a problem as the liberals want to make it, me thinks it`s all about throwing the tree huggers a bone in an election year.

4wd
Senior Contributor

I seriously doubt if much if any of the sludge will be refined in the US or in the Gulf. US refineries are already running flat out on production, and have been for quite some time. -I believe, from what I have read the plan, is to export it directly from gulf port access to European sea vessels. They want to get it to Europe and refine it there. We citizens will not see a dime of income from this big oil transaction with Europe, and yet we will stand all the risk of a cross country pipeline blow out and resulting damage. All for what? a few hundred part time pipeline welding jobs?
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Okay time to inject some common sense

And the contaminated soil is hauled off by the EPA to God knows where.

I know where! You and 3020 can share it! Then your grandkids, will have their eyes where their ears were supposed to be! You guys are incredible! Do you people ever think beyong your own little world?

4wd
Senior Contributor

Re: Okay time to inject some common sense

OK how many gate valves? How many pressure sensors? I won't argue with you the science exists to make the pipeline safer with early warning detectors, but who will insure they will be bought and installed? And installed to who's plan? those things are expensive