cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Kristallnacht In America

In 2013 a small family bakery in Northwestern Oregon refused to make a cake for a lesbian wedding.

The owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had no idea that their decision to follow the teachings of their Christian faith would lead to a multi-year legal battle. It’s a battle still being waged.

Aaron and Melissa Klein were eventually punished by the state of Oregon. -- The couple was fined $135,000 for refusing to participate in the lesbian wedding event.

It was the price they had to pay for refusing to violate their conscience.

They also made the painful decision to close their beloved bakery – for good.

The left-wing bigots and bullies finally got their pound of cake.

The Kleins made the announcement on the now-shuttered shop’s Facebook page.

“The Kleins closed their business months ago and simply now updated their page to reflect that,” said Hiram Sasser, an attorney for First Liberty Institute.

First Liberty is one of the nation’s most prestigious law firms handling religious liberty cases.

“We are continuing our appeal and look forward to achieving justice for them and all people of faith who may find themselves in similar circumstances in the future,” Sasser told me.

To be clear, Aaron and Melissa Klein did not go looking to engage in a fight with the LGBT community. The fight came to them and to their business.

Since that day more than three years ago, the Kleins have faced unrelenting attacks from the LGBT community. Their business was boycotted. They were bullied. Their children received death threats.

The Kleins were literally run out of business by an anti-Christian mob.

It's hard to believe that something like this could happen in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

But we live in a nation that pledges its allegiance to the Rainbow flag – a nation where gay rights now trump everyone else’s rights.

9 Replies
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Kristallnacht In America

How doew it violate a persons conscience to bake a cake for any one? If they baked that cake for a lesbian would that doom them to eternal damnation? What is the difference between a cake for straight couple and a lesbian couple.

It's no difference between you and that lesvian couple. You would be irked if they  refuse to bake one for you or yours.

The only reason to deny them a cake is to discriminate. A mean spirited slam against those folks that are a smidgeon different.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(It's no difference between you and that lesvian couple. You would be irked if they refuse to bake one for you or yours. 

The only reason to deny them a cake is to discriminate. A mean spirited slam against those folks that are a smidgeon different.)

No outrage recently when 3 walmart employees refused to decorate a cake for a retiring police officer.  Nobody looking to get walmart shut down or suing walmart.  Apparently liberals and the liberal media were not irked by this.  Was this discrimination?  Was this mean spirited against someone a smidgeon different?

bruce MN
Advisor

upon further review

The employees were uncertain, not prejudiced or bigoted.  Management apologized and the cake was made.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

yes it was discrimination. Although there are different reasons. One being a busy schedule that would not permit a timely delivery. 

I don't like you and your life choices. So I will shun you and people like you. Not a good image to bring before a court of law.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: upon further review

(Don - yes it was discrimination. Although there are different reasons. One being a busy schedule that would not permit a timely delivery.  

I don't like you and your life choices. So I will shun you and people like you. Not a good image to bring before a court of law.)

(Bruce - The employees were uncertain, not prejudiced or bigoted.  Management apologized and the cake was made.)

Yes it was discrimination - the employees were prejudiced & bigoted against police.  Busy schedule - yea, not even good spin.  Management did apoligize and different employees made the cake not the prejudiced & bigoted employees.  You can not like my life choices and shun me, I will not be aggrieved.

Another bakery story I found interesting, don't remember which bakery, an individual first went in and asked for a cake with a confederate flag design, he was denied, he then went back and asked for a cake with the ISIS flag design and they made the cake.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: upon further review

The tell tale for me on this political movement who fights for power through the Trumped up causes (couldn't resist), was early in the women's movement of the 70's when I watched and still do today, how they treat women who disagree or don't toe the "party" line.

They are a cruel to women as they are to religious beliefs they are targeting......

Stalin would have led these liberal causes to great things....

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Hey edmud why didn't they just go to a different Walmart. Personally I wouldn't a cake from Walmart anyway. Isn't that what you guys said about the gay couple??
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

https://youtu.be/MTXZnJocnCE

You can say that again!