cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Krugman: Free to Die

The honest reply is that one way or another we are going to have a publicly adminstrated health care system.

How we get ther, by design taken with some degree of care, or by default is all that remains to be seen.

We aren't far, actually, from where a majority of the general population of physicians, PA's, RN's, etc will favor it. It just may be that they already do. Soon to follow would be manufacturers and distributors of devices and materials used in diagnosis and care. They want to move their stuff and their skills..

It's the financial wings fo the health care and insurance complex that want the ball to keep rolling. They know dam#ed well that it's more expensive to the overall economy for it to remain as it does, but simply don't care. And the major banks, holding all of the paper on those hundreds of big medical and insurance administrative buildings that have gone up in our cities around the country? They want the government to back stop their risk. Like they did the banksin '08. Like it appears we as taxpayers are fixing to participate in doing in Europe, as we speak. But they sure don't want to kill the goose that laid this egg.

We can have what Canada and the UK and most civilized nations have and we will most certainly have some form of it, most lilkely in the not too distant future.. Brought on in either some orderly fashion where medical care is at the center of it or by default, whereupon almost all medical care that is administered will be as triage. Not much more, except for the very, very well to do. Doctors and nurses and medical device developers and manufacturors don't want that.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Our healthcare system stinks

“By eliminating the cost-shifting that occurs in the rest of the nation to pay for the uninsured or when Medicare and Medicaid don’t pay their full share, we think we have the most equitable hospital payment system in the nation,” said Stephen Ports, the acting executive director of HSCRC. “It’s well-supported by hospitals and payers, and business and labor representatives on the commission are big supporters.”

from

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/09/15/How-One-State-Lowered-Hospital-Costs.aspx?p=1

I have my own health insurance policy with a $5000 deductible so I pay for my routine medical care. In July I had 3 xrays taken of my knee. On the same day, Dad who is on Medicare had one xray of his foot. My bill was $450 or $150 per xray. Medicare was billed for Dad's xray $32 of which Medicare allowed less than $8.

By the way, if you are in the same boat I am in and would like to know when you are being gouged check out this website:

http://healthcarebluebook.com/page_Default.aspx

Highlighted

Re: Our healthcare system stinks

You got that right.

The opponents of Hillarycare of Obamacare seem to be primarily interested in maintaining the current status quo??????

Highlighted
Advisor

What will the health care sytem look like when a Medicare type schedule is the only schedule?
Highlighted
Advisor

If its that great and so popular a voluntary system should work fine.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Are you nuts???  Did you hear it??  I did.  The question was asked, "Should he be let to just die?" and several shouted YES!!! and others cheered and clapped for those answers!!  No matter how you wish to believe it, they were saying let him die because I'm not paying his way!!!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Germany's is the system to have.

http://www.civitas.org.uk/pubs/bb3Germany.php

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

It won't be as expensive for sure!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That would work great! The young and healthy would opt out and the old or the sick would be stuck.

Brilliant plan!

Highlighted
Advisor

I thought you said everyone loved the system?