Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Kudos to these brave young ladies

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@man of steel wrote:

Make up your mind. Your earlier post said they had the right to a moment of silence.

They were given a moment of silence and they did not abide by that but took it over to force their religious dogma on everyone.

They deserve to lose the moment of silence but of course that would take it away from everyone so maybe they should kick those who can not be quiet out.

You are not the one who decides when an American can speak and what they are allowed to say. We have the Constitution to protect us from those who wish to silence us.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:
You force us to listen to YOUR dogma on a regular basis, on a public forum, do you not ?

The forum is for opinions so there is no 'moment of silence' which I am violating.

I have no dogma just an understanding of reality unlike religions which do have dogma which followers seem to want to force on others in public meetings/gatherings which are not supposed to be religious.

In this country you can not silence others because of what you wish not to hear.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: What an astounding victory!

Once more the followers of that all powerful God forces their message upon a public crowd that may or may not want to hear it. This is precisely the reason we oppose you. You are in strong belief of freedom of Religion but you do not respect our freedom from religion.

Do you think that nonbelievers should be required to listen to the glop you are spewing? Did Jesus do that? Interrupt the olympic games to sermonize to the unwilling. Did he go to the people in authority and try to amend law? I think Jesus believed in persuasion but didn't opt to force it down our throats.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: What an astounding victory!

@OKdon wrote:

Once more the followers of that all powerful God forces their message upon a public crowd that may or may not want to hear it. This is precisely the reason we oppose you. You are in strong belief of freedom of Religion but you do not respect our freedom from religion.

Do you think that nonbelievers should be required to listen to the glop you are spewing? Did Jesus do that? Interrupt the olympic games to sermonize to the unwilling. Did he go to the people in authority and try to amend law? I think Jesus believed in persuasion but didn't opt to force it down our throats.

Jesus preached in public places all of the time. He also publicly taught that He was the Light and the Way and publicly taught the very prayer these brave young ladies recited while holding hands on the sideline. Kudos for their courage and not allowing some old white guy dictating to them what is acceptable public speech and what is not. May God continue to bless them as they are a guiding light in a very troubled society.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Wrong. Our Declaration of Independence states that we are endowed with rights from Almighty God and the Constitution protects those rights from Almighty Big Government. Freedom of speech is amoung those rights which can not be taken from us.

Sorry to disappoint you but god endowed you with nothing. There is no god. I don't doubt it is written but that does not make it true. It is strange how you never mentioned almighty big government under GWB ay. Bit opportunistic don't you think?

The constitution might also have references to god etc but those are also lies in the context of gods existence. Your right to freedom of speech has a narrow term of reference when you consider the legal aspects of opening your mouth too big. Don't let the herd mentality suck you into that one.

Getting all mushy about a constitution and wrapping yourself in the flag doesn't give you protection from anyone, least of all a fictitious god.

It still amazes me how a mature human being can be so ignorant to the truths around him, like yourself. I am also convinced you have an inkling about gods existence but there is a tiny area of doubt which niggles away at you. A bit like an insurance policy, just in case.

Dream on comrade.
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

Freedom of speech granted to us by our Creator and protected under our Constitution.,

Your constitution grants you freedom of speech not your parents who created you.

The question is where does your freedom end and the freedom from religions that people do not accept begin?

In the case presented in the first message in this thread the ladies you think so highly of trampled on the moment of silence that was asked for and forced their religous ideas on all present in public school setting where religion should not be present, any religion and all religions

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

Freedom of speech granted to them by our Creator and protected under our Constitution.

Did you just copy and paste that answer instead of trying to respond to the message?

Why should their freedom over ride the freedom of others to have a moment of silence with out any religious dogma forced on them?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

Almighty God I Am Who Am.

So that is the name of your god then why do you not call him/her/it by name?

If everyone named their god instead of being ashamed of the name then we would not have a generic 'god' in everything with no idea which one is talked about.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

You are not the one who decides when an American can speak and what he/she can say. We in this country have freedom of speech, granted to us by our Creator and protected under our Constitution.

I don't think your parents have much say in your freedom of speech but freedom of speech does not entitle anyone to over run others freedoms.

Just as freedom of speech does not allow you to holler FIRE in a crowded building when there is no fire, freedom of speech does not allow you to force your religion on others who are not interested in it.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

In this country you can not silence others because of what you wish not to hear.

No but 'others' can not force their elgious dogma on me and should not.

Courtesy, if nothing else, should prevent people from spouting their religious dogma in inappropriate places.

Save it for your tax free meeting halls.