cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: What an astounding victory!

r3020 wrote:

Jesus preached in public places all of the time. He also publicly taught that He was the Light and the Way and publicly taught the very prayer these brave young ladies recited while holding hands on the sideline. Kudos for their courage and not allowing some old white guy dictating to them what is acceptable public speech and what is not. May God continue to bless them as they are a guiding light in a very troubled society.

So you would be in favour of someone conducting a religious practice or prayer from their non christian religion too.

Just courageously doing their religion dogma even though you do not 'believe' in it.

Could make for a long game if everyone conducted their religious program before it could begin.

Seems like that moment of silence is the only fair way to go instead of just your religion taking over the show.

BTW you do realize that there are many people who really do not care what this jesus person did or if he ever actually existed.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

Jesus preached in public places all of the time. He also publicly taught that He was the Light and the Way and publicly taught the very prayer these brave young ladies recited while holding hands on the sideline. Kudos for their courage and not allowing some old white guy dictating to them what is acceptable public speech and what is not. May God continue to bless them as they are a guiding light in a very troubled society.

So you would be in favour of someone conducting a religious practice or prayer from their non christian religion too.

Just courageously doing their religion dogma even though you do not 'believe' in it.

Could make for a long game if everyone conducted their religious program before it could begin.

Seems like that moment of silence is the only fair way to go instead of just your religion taking over the show.

BTW you do realize that there are many people who really do not care what this jesus person did or if he ever actually existed.

I'm for free speech. I will listen or not listen to whatever I choose. Not rocket science.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

I'm for free speech. I will listen or not listen to whatever I choose. Not rocket science.

You do realize you're talking with a guy who is afraid of a book in a closed drawer of a nightstand, don't you?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

I am for that too.

Freedom of a moments silence without someone taking it over to force their religious dogma on me.

I know how you ignore science too.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@man of steel wrote:

You do realize you're talking with a guy who is afraid of a book in a closed drawer of a nightstand, don't you?

Why would you say that?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

I am for that too.

Freedom of a moments silence without someone taking it over to force their religious dogma on me.

I know how you ignore science too.

You can have a moment of silence in your home anytime you want. Just as the young ladies can pray anytine they want. Why do you think you have to go into the public to have your moment of silence?

I love science. The vast majority of scientist are men/women of God. The Jewish people especially excel in science.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Kudos to these brave young ladies

it has always been my understanding that students could pray anytime they wished as long as it was not led by a member of the staff of the school or that they did not lead or ask the gathering to join them. Unless they had a microphone in their little huddle, they could do that. When they include all of the fans and or some of the staff and make it a public event, then they are wrong under the law. Why make a major deal about it. The Lord hears all prayers whether they are shouted from a tall mountain or said silently in a closet. It appears to me that someone wants publicity. I personally think that The Lord does not like people who pray only to impress others!
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Kudos to these brave young ladies

@schnurrbart wrote:
it has always been my understanding that students could pray anytime they wished as long as it was not led by a member of the staff of the school or that they did not lead or ask the gathering to join them. Unless they had a microphone in their little huddle, they could do that. When they include all of the fans and or some of the staff and make it a public event, then they are wrong under the law. Why make a major deal about it. The Lord hears all prayers whether they are shouted from a tall mountain or said silently in a closet. It appears to me that someone wants publicity. I personally think that The Lord does not like people who pray only to impress others!

Thank you Bart. You are correct. They did this in their own little group, a circle holding hands. No one was forced to participate. No faculty member, no microphone.  Any fan was perfectly in their right to join or not join as they see fit. Kudos.