cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Mormons are not protestants

Mormons claim they are not protestant, but you can call them anything you want.   Maybe you think that not being catholic is protestant ?

write --"are mormons protestant" in your favorite search engine.  They claim to be the lost tribes of Israel and some of their ritual parallels Hebrew's. 

http://www.askamormon.com/Are-Mormons-Protestants.html

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mormons are not protestants

I do know that Mormonism is one of the fastest growing religious affliations (that's the term I should have used) in this country.  To call it a cult I would say is highly inaccurate.  Apparently there is an appeal to whatever it is that they are doing. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I always have called it the "feel good" religion.  To be really in the church, you have to be baptised or whatever they do and be married in a temple.  If your parents or grandparents or some other loved one died and wasn't married or baptised in a temple, you can do by proxy for them and they get the bennies from it in the after life.  Therefore, it is a "feel good" religion.  Just my opinion.  They don't consume caffeine but they own Pepsi.  Go figure!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You need to ask the Ex-Mormons what they have to say about it.

100 % says it be a cult of the Devil !  ( or something along those lines...Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I thought they owned Coke? Either way, they have 'discovered' that the soda they own lots of stock in, is now 'acceptable' to drink. I have a feeling if they buy some Folgers stock, coffee may be, too.
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: LYING FOR THE LORD

Thanks for that info Seller.  Most useful.

Highlighted

But they do seem to acknowledge Christ, so in the spirit of ecumenism, the door is always open if they'd decide to recant some of their  historical beliefs.

And it goes without saying that their right to practice their religion is constituionally protected.

Probably the worst mistake we made was letting them take our tax money and build all the water projects that made their swath of the intermountain US fairlly habitable.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: LYING FOR THE LORD

FOX News and Rush Limbaugh and WorldNetDaily and Drudge were backing one of Obama's opponents for the nomination?   Please refresh our memories on that if you would.

And seriously, Mormoism is a branch of Protestantism?    How, becasue they aren't Jewish or Islamic or Catholic they obtain that by default?  Actually, much closer to Islam than  any other religion if you break it down by institutional views in numerous areas, 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I guess we are both wrong according to the various urban legends .

Senior Contributor

They are not allowed to smoke, drink caffein or alcohol or wear Fruit of the looms.