Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

A treacherous, murderous one at that

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mormons are not protestants

A friend of mine is neighbor to them, and I swear he said they could drink Coke products. Maybe I misunderstood, or it was the caffeine free version.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: LYING FOR THE LORD

They were't part of the "protest" movement away from the catholic church.

Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks for the back-up on that.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Islam is also one of the fastest growing religious affiliations in this country at this time.

Why is Romney religious alliliation even an issue with you liberals?  It's a fricking smokescreen designed to divert attention from the real problems in this country. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mormons are not protestants

I could also ask ex-Episcopalians why they left that church.  Members left in droves when the hierarchy of that church embraced homosexual priests and bishops.  I feel sure that ex members there think the devil got hold of that one too.  Ask an ex member of any organization about that organization and the answers will almost exclusively be very negative. 

Senior Advisor

@cotman03 wrote:

Islam is also one of the fastest growing religious affiliations in this country at this time.

Why is Romney religious alliliation even an issue with you liberals?  It's a fricking smokescreen designed to divert attention from the real problems in this country. 

Religion is only an issue because they can not discuss the economy.

Highlighted
Advisor

Everybody's religious affiliation is a problem with liberals/progressives/late 20th century Democrats cot.  We tend to see religion crossing over into public policy as THE source of most of those "problems in this country".  Religion kept to it's own and met or tried to meet the personal needs of followers and adherents until the more fundamentalist Chritain sects became active in pushing policy in the name of their Whomever in the late 1970s, aiding greatly in the rise of (the theretofore admitted agnostic) Ronald Reagan.  From there on it was license to proselytize in the public forum and dig into the public treasury for non-secular purposes, full steam ahead.   Things that decent religious people hadn't done since the 17th century in this part of the world.

That seems to be toning down, none to soon.  Islam isn't significantly gaining converts but is growing, as you say, because of immigration demographics.

Mormonism is a special situation all on it's own.  Leveraging, takings, manipulation, prevail at any cost all done with a rationalization of slavation by justification that would make any Christian,Jewish or Islamic group blush.

I'll admit that I and most people I know or grew up around looked at the JCJLDS as a mere geographicly isolated novelty.  Sorta quirky, but...at least they kind of, by general outward appearances anyway,  seemed to be "like us Christians".  And they were white, like most of us, had  agreat choir and a pretty good basketball team and had those sensible sounding prohibitions that didn't really appeal to us but seemed harmless and beneign. 

And as for us socially liberal Christians?  We are timid as all get out about being mistaken for the wingers down the street. So, on an instituional level we just leave the doors unlocked and open to anybody.  We'd see anything other than that to be a sin.

But for all that has happened in the past 40 years or so with great changes in the area  of organized religion grinding over in to public life and institutions, nothing is or has been as genuinely horrifying as the prospect of a Morman elder becoming The President of  the United States.

Highlighted
Advisor

You've never shown any interest in discussing the economy.  You seem to constantly emphasize that we can function without one.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

You've never shown any interest in discussing the economy.  You seem to constantly emphasize that we can function without one.

We can function a whole lot better without a big government John Corzine, Tim Geithner economy.