cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Labor day

Eric Cantor House majority leader:    " Today we celebrate those that have taken a risk, worked hard, built a business and earned their own success."

The bass turd stole the one day of the year we use to honor labor and gave the honor to business.

@#$%^*%#

10 Replies
Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: Labor day

There is no labor without a business. Geesh. Are you doing alright?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

And with out consumers, there is no business, with out labor, there is no consumers. It's the Labor, stupid.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Actually it takes both. Without one there would not be the other. It reminds me when I worked for garst seeds. One of the guys at the seed plant got mad that salemen gat trips for a certain percentage of increase in seeds and more pay than they did at the plant. I tried to explain that without salesmen there would be no sales. The guy said without them there would be no seed to sell. It takes all of us to do the job. Some people cannot sell, done it, it is not easy. More could bag seed than sell though. That is why it paid less.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Haven't you ever hired an individual instead of a business?

I think I figured something out. From your point of view, if you don't own a business you are sub human or at least substandard.

I don't know why you folks exhibit such disdain for common workers. Its as if you don't own a business you are hardly welcome to breathe air.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

If the job isn't equal then it should be the owners perogative to pay according to value. What troubles me is the disdain by we super dooper businessmen for those lackies that work for us. Or an menial job. Farmers as a whole must have a horrid superiority complex.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

That's because the,"businesses", Cargill, and the like, have made us feel like low-life with the prices they have paid us. The farmers for years have been walked on by, "big business". But, of course, these younger farmers, haven't got a clue, have they, Don?

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Yes I have hired an individual in the past. I was running my farm BUSINESS and needed a littlw help. The business is needed first before labors can work.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Sure, businesses are needed before there can be laborers but then without the jobs being available there wouldn't be any business.  It's a two way street.  BTW, I don't a business that has 500 employees is small.  The risk takers usually are not the people doing the start up.  The backers are the risk takers.  Ever see the tv show called "The Shark Tank"?  Saw it for the first time a few nights ago.  Two young girls were making flavored peanut butter while they went to college.  They wanted $50K to really get it off the ground.  They present their argument to 5 investors.  Those are the risk takers not the two girls.  And, yes, I know you didn't talk about this but someone did and they can read it here also.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Well I have a lawn that needs mowing every week and I have snow that needs shoveling. They may or may not be a business. Or you might need a bay sitter or John might need a hooker. The hooker may or may not be in a business. It might be that she is just friendly and willing to help out.

You might consider that a business is nothing without demand for what they sell. In that case you just might assume that well paid labor makes better customers.