cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Land of the Free?

Same with long and short haul semis and all other fossil fuel vehicles.  You see a lot of "campers" going down the road where you live?  A whole lot more of those semis than "campers".  Your logic defies intelligence!!

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Same with long and short haul semis and all other fossil fuel vehicles.  You see a lot of "campers" going down the road where you live?  A whole lot more of those semis than "campers".  Your logic defies intelligence!!

So it's OK for you to poison the kids.

northnd
Senior Contributor

Lots of coal used for power generation in my state(North Dakota).  They have followed and met all EPA regulations.  People who live around them(and I know some of them) have stated they don't really even know they are there other than providing jobs).  The current clean power act proposed by the EPA if enacted would shut them down.  No way they can meet the standards in the time frame allowed.  That is what they (EPA) wants.  IMHO we could stop ALL new regulations, and simply enforce what is on the books and have clean, effecient power generation from all fossil fuel sources.  Don't think that will happen though.  Once you start down the road to fossil fuel elimination, it is hard to turn back.  So, we will continue to destroy the economy of the country until a breaking point is reached.  Maybe it will be too late to turn back the clock, maybe not.  Hard to create and transport goods thoughout the country not utilizing fossil fuels in some form or another. 

rawhide
Advisor

As does yours. Lets all go back to walking where we want to go. And when you do make that 10 mile trip to Wal mart to get your necessities don't worry about having to carry anything back because there won't be anything there to buy because every last ounce of crap comes on a truck. But enjoy the clean air while you starve to death.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Better plan

let the hairlip load up the doorknob, the shifter, a couple of other halfwits, and drive the camper south to Mexico and keep on going. With all the Charmin

tissue available, let's send our 'swipes south...wayyyyyyyyyyyyy south.

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

I know that is the story that folks like to point at  but the fact remains that the coal mines that don't have a coal fired plant on site can't compete with natural gas...those are the companies that are in trouble...gas is cheaper and simple economics tell these coal fire plants to update to use NG..it's cheaper and the extraction costs are way less...the externalities are simply way better for NG than coal...the mines that are in trouble only sell coal...no electrical generation....no different than farming...we deal with regs all the time...when a certain crop doesn't pencil we diversify...coal mines didn't keep up with the times....just like today in farming...if I don't keep up with times I will get left behind and not be able to compete...but by all means 3020 keep with the bumper sticker slogan...it's pretty shallow tho

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You don't understand sarcasm very well do you.  You really like exaggeration though!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Do you think oil is going to last forever or just through your lifetime and everyone after that can just pound sand for you care???  I know they used to have charcoal powered vehicles in Germany after the war but not sure how well coal would run an auto.  You best be looking for other ways before you actually need to!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You are UNBELIEVABLE!!  Which hole in your body did you pull that out of?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Better plan

Camper??  You aiming that at GTO?  I understand Cancun is pretty nice this time of year.  Haven't been yet probably won't but you don't need to be jealous!  Just work hard and retire while you are still able to walk and maybe you will be able to get a "camper".