cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Land of the Free?

it's official...USA is no longer in the top ten countries.

Only country in the world to have dropped each year for the last 7 years.

Thanks Obama!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/368410/us-drops-top-ten-freest-countries-2014-index-economic-fr...

As far as states go, New York is solidly number one, and has seen a 9% net  exodus in the last decade as people vote with

their feet.

Too bad so many section 8 denizens are coming to MN, which as a "free" state is number 34 and dropping.

Thanks, Dayton.

35 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Land of the Free?

Let's see, who forwarded  The Patriot Act to Congress and then signed it?

BTW, I suppose there are statutes of limitation and such but I wonder what can be done as the huge global oil bribery scandal works its way through Halliburton in the 90s.

I imagine Dick's new heart would give out just in time, Ken Lay style. Fine 'Mericans.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Oh, did the patriot act outlaw coal? Did the patroit act outlaw my insurance policy? Did the patriot act force people into a third party contract with the insurance companies? Did the patriot act force western ranchers off the land they have grazing rights too?

hardnox
Advisor

Turble, just turble. The rights to pollute and discriminate against ill people are inalienable.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Strawman.

bruce MN
Advisor

As someone else said, it's a miracle that the .5 can get the 99.5 to dance naked in the snow but it goes on and on. I believe that Paraquay has been recommended to you previously here, so I won't bother. As for Minny, the dog and pony show that is being put on by corn/bean counties State House District GOP Reps is Emmy/Oscar level stuff.
OKdon
Senior Contributor

You're confused Red. You think that living free ought to be free. Instead you have to pay your share to support the freedom.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

every time I see the mug of Bernie Sanders, I think about you.

couple of peas in a pod, well, except for Bernie actually parlayed his animus into a high paying Senate gig.

Still not much of a success though, even with all the senate perks and free bees.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Just so there is no confusion

New York was the state that was worst for individual freedom, not the best.  Minnesota was in the bottom third tier, too.

North Dakota was number one, south Dakota number two, and Tennesee was number 3. Guess the state that produces

Jack Daniels whiskey, good country music, and Davey Crockett must be doing a lot of things right.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Just so there is no confusion

I'm curious as to what the criteria was for this outcome?  Freedom?  From what? For what?  Free stuff or what?