cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Thanks Brian and Don

What we want is for more Americans to be able to start businesses and be just as successful as the Mexican dentist that you help enrich.

If you are at a job that you despise and don't make enough money because of market conditions, start a new line of work...a new business....the sky is the limit. That is the America we want...no one should be forced into a dead end job. keep business regulation down, and opportuinity up. WHy do you despise those that want to create their own jobs?

You know, during the 80's I baled enough road ditches each year to buy an acre of ground each year, just as something extra. this past year I put up 30 tons of ditch hay....and will make some coin on that , too. And you just need to drive around and see many ditches that don't even get cut. Virtually every farmer could add a few thousand bucks a year to his bottom line by a little extra work.

Virtually everyone has some skill set that they can use for a second business or third. The idea that anyone is a wage slave is a falsehood that just serves the neer do well crowd as something to beetch and mooan about .

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Sure, I've been working for $8 per hour for 10 years now and I can buy a good used 4020 a mower a rake and a baler and go out bale road ditiches to make a living. Or I could scoop snow and mow lawns in my spare time instead of expecting my boss to pay me a living wage. How communistic of me to expect more than $8 per hour.

That's all you cn see is a capitalist point of view. The haves should have more and the have less should stay poor and the low wage guy should pay a higher tax rate than the investor.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I've seem more of the world than you are ever going to see. I've been to places where people don't make $8 in a day. You are so caught up into your own little cocoon of a life that you don't even have an idea of what the "real world" is all about.

Newsflash...if you are able bodied and cannot make a go of it in the USA, you have bigger problems than I can even begin to address in a forum. And some charlton like Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, John Edwards, etal isn't going to make you into a successful person.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Sure, I've been working for $8 per hour for 10 years now and I can buy a good used 4020 a mower a rake and a baler and go out bale road ditiches to make a living. Or I could scoop snow and mow lawns in my spare time instead of expecting my boss to pay me a living wage. How communistic of me to expect more than $8 per hour.

That's all you cn see is a capitalist point of view. The haves should have more and the have less should stay poor and the low wage guy should pay a higher tax rate than the investor.

If you want to make a good living in a progressive world move to Detroit.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

What you fail to acknowledge is some folks aren't blessed with your talent and connections. If they been working for $8 per hour they probably cannot get a start up loan for even $10K. Especially if they had a hard time even cashflowing their existance.

Sure there probably have job opportunities for betterpaying jobs but they may have a thousand conpeting with them for that one job.

You simply cannot have any empathy for those less fortunate than you. There in a rut and you prefer the bulk of them stay there.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Latest Political News From Iowa

Red Steele Advisor
2:15 AM
I've seem more of the world than you are ever going to see. I've been to places where people don't make $8 in a day. You are so caught up into your own little cocoon of a life that you don't even have an idea of what the "real world" is all about.

Newsflash...if you are able bodied and cannot make a go of it in the USA, you have bigger problems than I can even begin to address in a forum. And some charlton like Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, John Edwards, etal isn't going to make you into a successful person.

If you have seen what you say and still have no compassion for some, you are blowing wind for politically purposes.
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Right you are, Don. These people have no empathy for people, not in their, "economic class". I have never in my life, seen a bunch of people so completely full of hate, for people that have not had the privileges they have had, and they have the gall to call themselves, "Christians"??