Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Let the "photoshopped" furor begin

18 Replies
man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: Let the "photoshopped" furor begin

Well he does have a nice view of the hammer.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Now I am embarrassed for you steely.  There is NO exterior hammer on that shotgun.  In fact, there is no hammer in the normal sense of the word at all. I thought you were the resident gun smith expert.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

I know. But it sounded funner than lever.

@Snooky1953 wrote:

I thought you were the resident gun smith expert.

What would lead you to think that. Hmmmm??? How long you been here?

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I do my research.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

That was funny. thanks for the chuckle

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Still trying to figure out what he's shooting at with his eye so low below the barrel. Aren't you supposed to look down the top of the barrel

PS I'm by no means an idiot when it comes to shotguns and trap/skeet and such. I'm worse than that. The only reason I even have a shotgun is for deer(and now a muzzleloder for that)

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I have read this forum for years along with Cattle Today and I was thinking you had a signature that said something about "variety of calibers" and figured you dealt with guns a lot.  Sorry if I made a mistake.  As for Obama, it looks to me likethe eye is in line with the top of the barrel to me.  My problem with his stance is that his cheek is too far back, which is typical of shooters who don't do it very much.  He does have a good spot weld on the stock though but just too far back.  You should "crawl" onto the stock as much as you can which assures you pretty well that your sight picture is the same shot after shot.  I'm not an expert either but I have hunted since I was about 10-12 yrs old and shot ATA trap for twenty years with approx. 50,000 targets.  I don't think this is photoshopped at all.  Even "smokeless" powder produces smoke and against a dark background, you would see it.  You can also see that the barrel is ported to reduce recoil.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@Snooky1953 wrote:

I have read this forum for years along with Cattle Today and I was thinking you had a signature that said something about "variety of calibers" and figured you dealt with guns a lot. 

Yup! I can tell you more than you want to know about bolt action rifles and accuracy/long range shooting.

Currently:17HMR, 20 tactical, 223, 22-250, 243AI, 260, 7-08, Just had my 7mag exit. Looking for another 243win and a 308

If you will notice, I am a short action fan.

@Snooky1953 wrote:

As for Obama, it looks to me like the eye is in line with the top of the barrel to me.  My problem with his stance is that his cheek is too far back, which is typical of shooters who don't do it very much.  He does have a good spot weld on the stock though but just too far back.  You should "crawl" onto the stock as much as you can which assures you pretty well that your sight picture is the same shot after shot.  I'm not an expert either but I have hunted since I was about 10-12 yrs old and shot ATA trap for twenty years with approx. 50,000 targets.  I don't think this is photoshopped at all.  Even "smokeless" powder produces smoke and against a dark background, you would see it.  You can also see that the barrel is ported to reduce recoil.

"He said "we do skeet shooting all the time,""

As you are implying, this is not someone who does skeet all the time

Idiot bruce wants a photoshop pissing contest, Who knows about any photoshopping??? WHO CARES about photoshopping?

This though is a guarantee. It very much was photoshopped

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I would like to get a .308 and maybe try to get an elk permit somewhere out west but mainly go up to the Dakotas for prairie dog.  Probably overkill for them though.  I'm sure that most everything any president does nowadays is a photo op.