cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Re: Liberal AND Christian?

Schnurrbart, Thessalonians 3:10 says if a man shall not work he shall not eat. Pretty cut and dry.

It's pretty tough to be a liberal and a true follower of Christ.

r3020
Senior Advisor

It's Barack Obama who wants to cut school lunches to districts that refuse to allow boys in the girls restrooms and showers. It's Michelle Obama who cut funding to school districts who refuse to serve the food she sees fit.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; quote "You can not serve 2 masters, you must discriminate against evil."

But i thought you were against those who were discriminating against bad legislation by not doing business in states with discriminatory laws?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Hey Canuck, do you support the UN even though they shut out gay organizations? Do you support policians who take money from muslim countries that give gays no rights at all?

bruce MN
Advisor

Your comment struck my curiosity.  I've read the Bible through a few times and couldn't recall having seen the word "disciple" in it anywhere. So, I checked a couple of on-line Bible glossaries and they confirmed my suspicions.  No matches.

I'd imagine that the word evolved much later after the Gospels were written, on hearsay, a few centuries after the principles were long gone and the legends had been given ample time to brew. 

Not disputing that there was a Jesus,  as I'm one of those practicing liberal Christians myself, or that he had loyal followers and one of the world's great religions was built around him, but a little tough to accept later day language being backed into the story.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The difference is that a corporation that blackmails an ENTIRE state to repeal a duly passed law...is meddling in government, it is akin to a tire repair shop demanding $10,000 before it would fix a tire on a firetruck on the way to fight a fire.  A individual business that refuses to bake a gay wedding cake, isn`t harming anyone.  The bakery under laws during a more sane time in American history such as 8 years ago and prior would`ve forced a bakery to sell "A cake" to "A gay person"...just not a cake artistically decorated that celebrated a lifestyle not corresponding to the baker`s orthodox Christian religion.

Jim.ia.us
Veteran Contributor

Matthew 10;42 42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

Luke 14;27  27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 28;19 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 

John 8;31 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 

John 13;35  35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

My friend, here are few places disciples is in the bible. I hope you have a great day!

Without Christ, life is out of focus!

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Maybe the version of the New Testament available in the Soviet Union was

only written in Armenic or Hebrew and not in English, and perhaps the

word "disciple" was translated differently.

Just giving our soviet friend the benefit of the doubt.

bruce MN
Advisor

'My bad Jim.  Shows how poor those search sites were.  

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

chirstiannation.jpg