cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Liberal columnist tears into Obama

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/29/barack_obama_wall_street_co_conspirator/. Now if the GOP would just see fit to run on these highly demonstrable deficiencies .................
11 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Liberal columnist tears into Obama

Now that Obama is safely a lameduck, liberals feel that they can tweak his presidency especially given the low approval rating. Out of the Low Information Voters " sticking it to the banksters " isn't even on their radar screen, that is why I call some of you Obama backers "smart liberals" because along with the whole Sodom and Gomorrah stuff you guys also have "Jami Dimon" and " military industrial complex " in your vernaculars.

However with all your disappoints with obama , you can always be assured by "Mitt Romney woulda been worse". At the end of the day, politics in a nutshell comes down to one's position on " gay marriage " both sides eat a lot of shinola sandwich on other issues as long as their candidate jives on their social issues.
Veteran Advisor

the closing paragraphs:

He also seems to know that liberals, in particular, want to believe “their guy” is trying to do the right thing, even when he’s trying to do the opposite. He knows that for many liberals, it is simply too painful to admit “their guy” is often as duplicitous and destructive as their sworn GOP enemies — and so he knows he probably will face no real opposition movement among the voters who put him in office.

In this, he is not some weakling getting bowled over by more powerful forces. Like I told my dad, he is one of the strongest presidents in recent history, deftly leveraging the most powerful office in the world to get exactly what he and his Wall Street donors want. Those donors didn’t give him millions as an altruistic gift — they gave him millions as an investment. And he is paying back that investment every single day the bankers who cratered the economy are not prosecuted.

Yet, as BA so aptly put it "MItt Romney would have been worse."  At least with Obama, the average Joe, or Jamal, gets more free stuff. And Adam can marry Steve. Plus that Romney guy used the tax code to only pay 13% legally, and he was richer than King Midas. And don't forget, you can get rid of unwanted babies, too. Just put them up on the shelf like Alice Cooper sang about.

Advisor

Surely the gravest disappointments with Obama are in the failure to break up the banks and prosecute malefactors and to curb and bring some transparency to the post 9/11 security statutes- Patriot Act, NDAA, Surveillance Act.

I'm sure that this will bring out a chorus of "but Jimmy hit me first" but there are obvious reasons why Republicans can't really engage in serious criticism of those failings.

And that also serves as a shorthand explanation of why we have a continuous run of KenyaIRSbenghaziVAgate.

And of course the participants here who defended GWB to the death are no longer responsible in any way because they are now "libertarians."

Advisor

PS. A conversion from authoritarian to libertarian is such a profound conversion that it surely must have occurred on the road to Damascus.

Veteran Advisor

Don't you and Bruce ever get tired of the contortions that it must take to continually try to appease your selves that "the other guy" would be worse?

Face it, GWB was a disaster, and Obama is worse. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Advisor

We keep forgetting that the baggers could have saved the day andjust simply  not enough people would listen,

You should be able to easily get comfortable back in your old skin soon Red. This learning curve that you've put yourself on over the past couple of years has to have taken it's toll.    Too bad that a couple of the Rand disciples here haven't been as good at teaching as they were as students.

Advisor

Objectively speaking, the other guy was worse. The only argument is to what degree.

Advisor

And fwiw, I'm generally in the "not much better' camp but simply for the sake of veracity tend to doubt that Obama is a Kenyan born muslim manchurian candidate.

I do think he's a late adopted stepchild of the Bush/Clinton organized crime family.

And as far as that goes, it is like getting to choose whether you'd rather have the Gambinos or the Luccheses become your business partners.

Or Bain Capital, for that matter as the methods are so similar.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

And fwiw, I'm generally in the "not much better' camp but simply for the sake of veracity tend to doubt that Obama is a Kenyan born muslim manchurian candidate.

I do think he's a late adopted stepchild of the Bush/Clinton organized crime family.

And as far as that goes, it is like getting to choose whether you'd rather have the Gambinos or the Luccheses become your business partners.

Or Bain Capital, for that matter as the methods are so similar.

Best argument to date against government run/controled health care.