cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faust100F
Advisor

Re: Liberals and Guns

Ummmmm . . . guns are to Ameri-cans what bomber vests are to Islamics.   The only people who do not support gun ownership are those who support those minorities  who prey upon the "Law Abiding Citizens" of this country.  

I am sure Zimmerman had no right to live, or defend himself, he should have let the gang banger Martin kill him.  Sorry . . . but when anyone attempts to kill someone either with a gun, or knife, or with fists they assume the risk of being killed themselves.

Man . . . the black panthers, Sharpton, and Jessie have shut their mouth on the issue, since the truth has finally come out.   Adios Amigos. John

Samnospam
Advisor

Progressive goals and death

There are some thoughts running around in my head that I would say haven't quite coalesced.  Embryonic theories.  

It seems to me, that around the great progressives of our nations history the stench of death is found.  We can attribute to Lincoln around 750,000 dead.  Nearly 3/4 of million, just military loses.  Was the death on such a scale worth ending a system that was on the way out?

Wilson, hero of the progressives, wanted to expand the USA's role in the world,  saw to it that ww1 did not end too early by giving aide to one side and manoeuvred the US into the war.  How many died in that war, and ww2 as a result of Wilson's goals?

FDR, there is no doubt he wanted into the USA in the war, much death surrounds him.

LBJ, how many died on both sides in his war?  I've heard estimates of over a million Vietnamese.

Obama, hey he has a kill list, do we need to say more?

An embryonic theory at this time as I admitted, but it seems to me that  the progessive places little value on individual lives when compared with achieving their goals.

Of course you can argue, and I wouldn't debate it, that all of the presidents since Cleveland were progressives and I'm just picking the bloody ones.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Progressive goals and death

Better be careful...the next thing you will echo Bob Dole and say that all the wars of the last centuries have been caused by Democrat presidents. ( This was when he was debating during a POTUS or Vice POTUS debate and prior to the fiasco of GW Bush ). And to which Bruce weakly replies that Eisenhower send advisors to South Vietnam.

I think it is fair to say that Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and Mao Tse Tung also had grand goals that they thought were much larger and more important than the collateral damage of  broad segments of their societies dying. Maybe it is better to not have such deep thoughts about where a society should go. A limited government causes limited damage.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to see the ideas of Ron Paul gain more traction as we slide down the slope ?

Samnospam
Advisor

And all the world leaders you mention are products of the worldwide progressive movement.
bruce MN
Advisor

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Liberals and Guns

@verbatime wrote:

@gough whitlam wrote:

Why would an atheist be more likely to part take in gun violence than someone of another religion?  Or are you demonstrating what a good little christian your are by stepping back from the repsonsibility of what the gun lunacy has caused by blaming it on everyone but the republican religion right?

Look if you want to claim to be an atheist then be one but don't confuse it with being a complete idiot.

I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them. So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.

bruce MN
Advisor

I'm struggling to see the contradiction that you are seemingly posing.

Have you become a libertarian luddite?  That would pose be a condtradiction.

Samnospam
Advisor

You brag that progressive institutions ushered in unprecedented growth and prosperity, you're constantly posting mmt mythology about having discovered a free perpetual growth machine. Does that advocacy not seem to run contrary to what you posted above?
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

And you haven't been shown just how insignificant the Republican party is when it comes to running the government. Here, this will clear it up for you!

(M) Anyone who thinks both parties are the same isn't paying attention to history, or facts. If you know who created this we'd love to give them credit for it. 

Posted on the @[177486166274:274:Being Liberal] fan page.