cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Liberals want wealth to give more to people.

That is the cynical arguement. Wealth redistribution is what it is labeled. In truth we want the wealthy to prosper but we don't consider higher wages a gift from business to labor. In fact the workers may well be earning more if not the resistance to paying more. Do you actually think a CEO would insist on increased profits to justify a pay raise for himself. Do you think he would raise the price of a hamburger to justify his pay raise? Why then would he oppose a price increase on the hamburger to pay his workers a bit more?

Like the clippers owner claiming that he gave his players fancy houses nice cars and classy clothes to wear. When in fact he was paying them for services rendered. He was giving them nothing. They earned it and he wouldn't be paying them that much if competition didn't require it.

Everybody wants more rich people poor people and all those in between. It only become an outrageous expectation if you are poor or poorly paid. How dare they want more for what they do! Which equates to a farmer with $3 corn wanting $4. How disgusting that you want more for what you have or what you do.

There is class warfare, yes indeed, but it's not the rich that are losing. It's the middle class and those on the lower income scale. WHy? Because the congress has decided to reward the job creaters for not creating jobs. Lower tax rates on capital gains and dividends to people that never ever create a job and seldom sweat doing their job. Somehow the speculators income is sacroscant and their employees pay is taxed at ahigher rate..

So really when you are asking for ahigher bid for your corn and wheat you are asking for wealth redistribution from the wheaties or cornflake buyers. So you aint one **bleep** bit better  that the hamburger flipper that would like a living wage.

11 Replies
425Cat
Advisor

Re: Liberals want wealth to give more to people.

Very few of us would begrudge a man a higher wage , however I don't like the govt mandating to me I have to pay a high school kid 10-15 bucks an hour to mow my grass and rake my leaves.
Samnospam
Advisor

The reasoning that sent you to the Mexican dentist undercuts everything you wrote.
hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

its all right for the govt to mandate that taxpayers should  provide price and income protection for farmers!!!!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Do they work for an hourly wage in your neighborhood???  Every place i have ever lived, they quoted a flat rate to do a psecific job and that depended on how big a yard it was.  That wouldnt change!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Sure because they DESERVE it!!

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Mow it and rake it yourself!

425Cat
Advisor

Actually I paid a kid 10 bucks an hour to do it.Because he was worth it not because the govt told me too.
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Fortunately you are more generous than most people. A lot of folks would keep people on the same minimum wages for decades and would only raise the wage if forced to by law. Perhaps government does have a role in assuring people aren't victims to preditor employers. Or do you think it is good for the country to have peasant level wages?

That is what happens when people worship at the alter of capitalism. Supply demand determines whether you eat or starve.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Fortunately you are more generous than most people. A lot of folks would keep people on the same minimum wages for decades and would only raise the wage if forced to by law. Perhaps government does have a role in assuring people aren't victims to preditor employers. Or do you think it is good for the country to have peasant level wages?

That is what happens when people worship at the alter of capitalism. Supply demand determines whether you eat or starve.

It is Michelle Obama who has cut off funding for school lunches. No supply or demand needed only mandates. They sinned against Almighty Big Government and now must be punished.