Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Libertarians disdain of central planning

5 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Libertarians disdain of central planning

Solyndra was my tax money.  Uber is not my money.  Blue Cross the insurance company only gets my money if I choose, Obamacare gets my money and I get crappy care and if I don`t comply, scary men point guns guns at me.

Gamer who made “swatting” call over video game dispute now facing  manslaughter charges - Vox

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Range fuels and the myth of cellulosic ethanol that was used to sell corn ethanol was also your  tax money.

Solar is a huge, historic success that we are behind on. Cellulosic is a dead duck.

Shut the xxxx up.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: If Libertarians had their way, there won't be a vaccine.

There won't even be a road to drive the crops to market or a river system to get them to export.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: The fossil fuel industries, oil, natural gas & coal killed the early development of solar while

The fossil fuel industries, oil, natural gas & coal killed the early development of solar panel manufacturing here while China who has to import those fuels at great expense promoted solar &  solar panel manufacturing.  As a result, we lost that race and that business, probably forever.

It was incredibly short-sighted since now the Chinese supply almost all the solar panels being used to build out the US solar electric system.  Oh well, that's the way it goes, the buggy whip manufacturers tried to hold back the development of the auto industry and see where that got them.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I`ve lobbied for fuel tax increases to fund the much needed road, bridge and infrastructure improvements.  Solyndra had their chance to prove themselves.  There`s no shortage of windmills and solar panels in Iowa and Minnesota.  Elon Musk is the richest man in the world parlaying "green energy" subsidies....i really don`t know how many more billionaires we need with my tax money funding these role playing armageddon fantasies?

Infrastructure spending increases our GDP, if you ship factories to China you don`t need bridge improvements in this country.  We had a 30 year jump on South America because of our all weather roads and river locks & dams that were originally built with teams of horses and coal burning steam shovels.