sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Limbaugh departs

Thoughts and prayers.

8 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Limbaugh departs

Dear God - may he burn in hell.   You know he deserves it.

Jen

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

You do know that Thoughts and Prayers is code for "I don't give rip but don't take my gunz" don't you?

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

Thoughts and prayers.

We're going to hear a lot of the same things we've heard about Trump over the last four years- the weird, but very deeply set idea that conservatives have, that you cannot dislike a person because of the things they have done.... your judgement of them must rest entirely on the abstract idea of what they as the idea of a human being was. You can't dislike Rush for his bigotries, too many to really list, or for how he made an enormously successful career out of lying to people about people... about the people whose lives were made significantly worse because people believed those lies, in many cases the people he lied about actually would have had their lives made significantly more dangerous because of those lies. You are not allowed to dislike him because his lying was just playing the game of politics, it wasn't indicative of who he really was, which was a man so dedicated to women's issues he was willing to give numerous women alimony to enjoy their freedom. He was only guilty of being a bit off color, not really malicious, because hey, it was just about entertainment.... right?  When he polluted the airways and led directly to the rise of other grifting liars like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham and the entire roster of Fox, OAN, Newsmax, Project Veritas , The Blaze, Red State, The Daily Caller, The Daily Wire and Gateway Pundit he was only doing so out of a puckish sense of fun. The left is supposed to treat him like a respected player...

To judge him as vile and venal and malicious is wrong. You are supposed to judge him on the things all human beings do....  like caring for his family, or being friendly to his neighbors in whichever exclusive gated community he was living in, or donating to his local Kids' Klux Klan troupe. If you don't, you are the intolerant one...

rawhide
Advisor

I hope you all have your pallbearers already paid in full.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I hope you all have your pallbearers already paid in full.)

I suspect Rush is smiling down as these ag forum wingers along with a lot of other winger hypocrats whom are acting just as he likely always said they did.

I never was a Rush or talk radio listener but even I am surprised by the angriness and lack of common decency of these wingers - I know I shouldn't be.

Another hypocrat "fix" is gone - still no word on a senile joe accomplishment.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Rush's legacy is the complete and total destruction of the mainstream media.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

By giving agency to the ignorant and trashy.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You're wrong again nQx. By shinning the light of truth on political corruption.