cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Pedro Pedro Pedro

If you had been Henry Ford you would have cut their pay to the bone so they couldn't have afforded their car. Henry Ford had the vision to know that ownership of a personal car was good for his business. His own employees ability to buy one made car ownership a normal experience instead of ownership by the select few.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Skip a rope

And that conservative congress magically disappeared with the election of GW Bush. The projected surpluses disappear under Bush and that all so conservative congress and we are paying for it today.

The argument was that if we had a budget surplus we were taxing our people too much. Yes even with 5 trillion in debt. Now with 14Trillion in debt your answer is continue the tax cuts. Unbeleivable!

In case you don't know, conservatives only become conservative when a deomocrat is in the white house. When Clinton was in the republicans tried to stifle anything he tried to do and Obama to a greater extent. Clinton had to deal with impeachment and Obama has had a constant campaign against him.

Don't try to sell on conservative fiscal responsibility because I'm not buying it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

No, they disappeared when Newt was no longer Speaker, and was replaced by someone who didn't mind excess spending to go through.  I don't think that it was so much that all the members of Congress were conservative, as much as Newt filtered out much of the excess.
I have issues with Bush as well.  I don't know who considers him fiscally conservative, because I sure don't.  He was in office for several YEARS before he found a spending bill he had the gumption to veto.

I think excess spending tends to snowball.  Let a little through, then next time comes more, and more, and more.
If Bush would have vetoed a bill right away, said 'cut the pork, or I'll veto it again', we might have had a chance at some real fiscal responsibility.

Too bad he piddled it away trying to please everyone.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

No ,he piddled it away on two unecessary wars and fattening the pockets of his buddies. The prescription benefit for seniors is the one thing he should get credit for and he failed to pay for that.

In addition: if newt was the answer to budget deficits why is there not a ground swell of public support for his candidacy? Could it be the millions and the time spent on indicting and convicting Clinton?  Perhaps people have better BS detectors.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Clinton got what he deserved. He was/is a sex addict and lied before a Grand Jury.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

By fattening the pockets of his buddies, do you mean the Democrat spending bills that he refused to Veto, even over the objections of the true conservatives in the country?

There was no groundswell of support for him because of his sex scandal.  Instead of holding him up as someone to be proud of, so that he could get back to 'protecting the Constitution' and 'doing the work of the American people', he was held up to be the hypocryte he was, and left office in disgrace.   As far as I'm concerned, he and Clinton are cut from the same cloth in that respect, only Clinton's followers were too caught up in keeping him in power, than the were in finding the truth of the matter.  If you don't believe this, how do you explain the Dems saying that 'there aren't the votes' for impeachment in Congress, right at the start, before the investigation evidence was even brought forward.  If that were to happen in a civil case, someone would be likely charged with Jury tampering.