cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Listening to this debate

it sounds like trouble makers at school may get locked up instead of having to stay in and clean erasers. Every class has at least one and probably every other family. Everything bad spawns a knee jerk reaction
6 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Listening to this debate

This is what happens when you never let a good crisis go to waste. Authoritarians exploit it to take the freedoms from the people.

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

lock them up

Its not like when you were in school, not in a good way.  Kid bring a knife to schopl, pull it out and threaten to slice someone up, in my opinion, the cops should be called, charges should be pressed.  In our school system that kid was sent to "alternative" school for a year, then brought back into the regular classes.  Never should be allowed back in the school imo.

Discipline in the schools is non-existent, my kids tell me often, meaning every week, about a kid cussing out a teacher and the teacher doing nothing. 

Senior Advisor

Re: lock them up

Teachers are not only afraid of the students, when the parents come in they are worse. The worse part is they have every right and should be.

Senior Contributor

Re: lock them up

When I was a kid I would have got swats at school and at home. 

Kids do everyday what I can't even imagine the most I'll behaved kid doing when I was young.

Senior Contributor

I agree discipline is missing. But back in the good old days the families knew the one or possibly three teachers the kids come in contact with. Today between hall monitors, lunch room monitors, bus drivers, a different teacher every hour and on and on I’m not sure I want all of them to be able to take a swat at my kid. I wish schools were still smaller and more personal