cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Looking on the bright side about reparations

The average difference in household wealth between white and black households is only about $150K- 185 vs 35. The median is around $800K, which is a math thing and I'll leave it to the Milligan Academy to explain to you what that means.

But since only about 12% of households are black, it would only take about $18K per white household to even things up. Half would be required to contribute that much, or less.

Although it would cost Jeff Bezos about $14B.

20 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Looking on the bright side about reparations

Or, alternatively, you could just double the take from everybody above the median and give $150K to everybody below.

r3020
Senior Advisor

My family paid with their blood in the 1860s. So you just go a seek out Lebron James and send him your check. I hear he is hurting real bad.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I really don't believe you.

Although I suppose it is possible that one in sixteen or thirty two of your male ancestors at the time was a latrine digger.

But I imagine most were copperheads.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

There are some problems with the back of the envelope math but the general size and distribution are OK.

Sorta the point, fwiw.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Yeah. You just know.....Now get out your checkbook and make Lebron whole. He's in pain. Or split it between him and Oprah. This country has just sucked the life out of them.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Along with your check send them a flag to burn. That's what really makes them happy.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Explain how "the Blacks of today" deserve reparations?   pre Civil War the slaves were 100% black Africans (outside of those that Thomas Jefferson didn`t get frisky with).   Today those passing for black are probably genetically more white than black and many of them are descendants of actual slaveowners....aaaaand they should get a check?

Then you have many blacks in America who`s ancestors came to this country in the 1960s, 70s 80s 90s 2000s and they are supposed to get a reparations check right along with the rest based only on their skin colouuuuuur? 

r3020
Senior Advisor

You think our border is open now just wait until people learn they'll get a $250,000+ check if they can just get into the country.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I really don't favor general reparations. I've tended to view them as just something that woke black people say in order to make a certain type of white person's head explode.

Just musing over the distibutional math, and the fact that except for the indignity of it all, really wouldn't matter that much to the majority of white folks.

Of course the oligarchy needs the alegiance of those white folks in order to continue to rule, as it was in the South.