cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Lost freedom

There is no end to what liberals want to dictate.

 

snip-

First they went after the candy machines.

Then they took aim at the sugary sodas. And most of the bake sales. And the  greasy french fries at lunchtime.

And now the latest target of the city schools’ push to fight childhood  obesity is something as simple as butter.

 

This letter was sent from a Brooklyn regional school food manager to officials who oversee 25 schools. 'Please explain why your managers are ordering BUTTER!!!' it reads.

 

This letter was sent from a Brooklyn  regional school food manager to officials who oversee 25 schools. 'Please  explain why your managers are ordering BUTTER!!!' it reads.

The spreadable delight has been banned from school cafeterias. It can’t be  used for cooking or offered with bread.

And now it’s the subject of an aggressive crackdown that threatens the  livelihood of school kitchen managers who’ve dared to order the illicit  treat.

“Please explain why your managers are ordering BUTTER!!!” a Brooklyn regional  school food manager fumed in an email last week to officials overseeing 25  schools.

The email had an attachment called “Excess Butter Ordering Report” that  identified school kitchen managers who’d ordered between $74 and $148 worth of  butter.

“Every Manager on this list has to get a disciplinary letter by close of  business next week Friday (5/10/13). I also want a copy of every letter sent to  my office.”

One kitchen manager caught butter-handed then received a note warning that “if there is a repetition of this incident or similar incident, further  disciplinary action will be taken against you which might lead to the  termination of your employment with the Office of School Food.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/education-department-cracks-butter-cafeteria-article-1.1339986#i...

11 Replies
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost freedom

Since you bought the subject up you no doubt have an alternative???

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Lost freedom

What liberty have you lost?  Schools are a place for learning and perhaps a healthy diet could be a part of that.

 

So they don't provide butter for the students and staff, You mr. 20 have the freedom and liberty to pack a sack lunch for your son johnnie amply spread with that golden elixer. Or send a thermos to school with a !/4 lb of butter for him to use.

 

You obviously take a person affront to every change that anyone makes. As if somehow your personal liberty has been challenged. Would you hyperventilate if they put a stop sign at the end of your driveway. People do things in the interest of public safety and sometimes we don't approve of them. But that is no reason to get all bent out of shape. You are still free to live your life, go where you want or simply leave this awful place.

 

My goodness it must be awful to be you!

 

 

dairy mom
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost freedom

Whats the big deal.  I'm a dairy farmer and don't use real butter except on special occasions and for special recipes.  Too high in calories and fat.  And at the price of real butter $74 or even $148  doesn't seem excessive for large amounts of cooking.  And it seems to me that schools are or should be running on tight budgets so what is wrong about finding out about an ingredient that has a serviceable cheaper substitute.

But please feel free to buy lots and lots of butter.  Can't do anything except help my pocketbook if you do.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Lost freedom

We got 4 lbs in the fridge right now. Most of it goes for baking. Good stuff but I shouldn't eat alot.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Lost freedom


@kraft-t wrote:

What liberty have you lost?  Schools are a place for learning and perhaps a healthy diet could be a part of that.

 

So they don't provide butter for the students and staff, You mr. 20 have the freedom and liberty to pack a sack lunch for your son johnnie amply spread with that golden elixer. Or send a thermos to school with a !/4 lb of butter for him to use.

 

You obviously take a person affront to every change that anyone makes. As if somehow your personal liberty has been challenged. Would you hyperventilate if they put a stop sign at the end of your driveway. People do things in the interest of public safety and sometimes we don't approve of them. But that is no reason to get all bent out of shape. You are still free to live your life, go where you want or simply leave this awful place.

 

My goodness it must be awful to be you!

 

 


"One kitchen manager caught butter-handed then received a note warning that “if there is a repetition of this incident or similar incident, further  disciplinary action will be taken against you which might lead to the  termination of your employment with the Office of School Food.”

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Lost freedom


@dairy mom wrote:

Whats the big deal.  I'm a dairy farmer and don't use real butter except on special occasions and for special recipes.  Too high in calories and fat.  And at the price of real butter $74 or even $148  doesn't seem excessive for large amounts of cooking.  And it seems to me that schools are or should be running on tight budgets so what is wrong about finding out about an ingredient that has a serviceable cheaper substitute.

But please feel free to buy lots and lots of butter.  Can't do anything except help my pocketbook if you do.


Kind of funny you can get fired for ordering butter. Just what kind of poison are you producing that the New York schools would fire some one for serving your product.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost freedom

You would believe anything. Then have the audacity to blame the whole thing on Obama.  You are a born loser.

dairy mom
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost freedom

whoa there 3020 I said a cheaper serviceable alternative.  Nothing wrong with working within a budget.  That doesn't denigrate the original item just means the budget is tight.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Lost freedom


@dairy mom wrote:

whoa there 3020 I said a cheaper serviceable alternative.  Nothing wrong with working within a budget.  That doesn't denigrate the original item just means the budget is tight.


Budget has nothing to do with it and you know that. It is about power and control over the masses. Won't be long until they will see if you buy butter using your Kroger Plus card and then administer health care accordingly.