cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Lots of Rand Paul supporters here.

A ton of fascination with this new face in the GOP. I like more than a few things that he's said, but he's also had to walk the Bagger tightrope to keep a base together and keep some $$$ coming in. So, just out of curiosity, what do you star struck Rand supporters say to this? ( keep in mind, you are generally thumpers and cultural recidivist who had your noses up Bush and Cheney and Bill Kristol and the entire Neocon establishment's butt cracks less than a generation ago): http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-throws-obama-lifeline-iraq-spars-**bleep**-194700869.html
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Lots of Rand Paul supporters here.

Well, Pat Buchanan said essentially the same thing on the McLauglin Group.  See, many of "us" never wanted to be there in the first place.  I don`t know if there is a "right way" of getting out of there, if Obama gets us out, kudos to him if he does.  But that does not give him a blank check on his other liberal crap.

It isn`t that some of us Rightos had our "noses up Cheny and W`s butt cracks"  I think in the back of many`s minds was "okay, now us conservative have our thing, the people are scared shiitless about the towelhead boogy-man and if we slaughter a few, us conservatives will have low taxes and safe guns for perpetuity", as no different than the liberal scam of thowing lazy people money for their votes so the liberals can then take away our guns and raise our taxes.

I guess my question  to you liberals is, does Obama sending in "military advisors" at all concern you?  After all, that is how Vietnam started.

Highlighted
Advisor

That seems to be a fairly good summation of what will be the general "that's our story and we are sticking to it" meme that will come with GOP efforts at election and re-election over the next couple of cycles.  

"Things are all f'd up but we didn't have anything to do with it, even though we went along because they said they supported our  issues and I quess that was good enough."

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

i hate to burst your bubble Bruce, but the Democrats were every bit the "patriots" that the Republicans were. A president Gore would've had us over there just as sure as W, its just Democrats have better divorced themselves from it than the Republicans. Don't believe me? Listen to the pounding of wardrums by Clinton, Kerry and Biden, late 90's early 2000's, their fingerprints are all over Iraq.