cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

MN warns...big health ins premium increases for 2016

illustration said that a family of four may see a $700 per MONTH increase for 2016, due to open enrollment on new plans. 

I got sucked into abandoning my grandfathered BCBS plan for the new and improved Obamacare compliant plan last year, to save $2500 per year....now it looks like it will cost me about $8000 per year in additional Obama premiums instead. Lets all sing along...we fish at our favorite bass hole...Obama is an ........just fill in the good rhyme.

Just how many times over can I spend that govt subsidy that hobbyhorse and shltty say that I collect?

WCCO did have the head of Republican politics on the radio yesterday addressing the reasons and this Kurt Daudt, if I have his name reasonably close, seems to be a level headed fellow, with a future.. Mark Dayton, the drug addicted present governor, .....not so much.

Also, he addressed the recent shootings with a call for more mental health screenings .....this is a guy that gets it. Not a fruitloop. SO there is some hope on the horizon.

8 Replies
Advisor

Re: MN warns...big health ins premium increases for 2016

Olive branch here Red.  Daunt seems to be as good of a GOP elected official as we've had around here in some time.  Seems level headed indeed. Remindful of Elmer Anderson.. 

Converesely, you are always tougher on Dayton than necessary. He is generally non-reflexive when anything comes up.  That's rare in politicians.  Some of that stammering is reflective of thinking things over and looking in to them before flying off the handle.  His reserved comments yesterday regarding mass shootings a good example.

Have a good weekend.  Grandkids and their Moms here for the weekend for assembly line applesauce canning. 

Senior Contributor

Obama does not raise insurance rates. Your friendly corporate own insurance company does and they have been doing it long before Obama came on the scene.

Veteran Advisor

Here is Kurt on the issues.....pretty mainstream republican.

http://www.kurtdaudt.com/issues.php

PS if you need more apples, let me know. We have a huge tree full of them, last I checked, and no one to pick them. I did volunteer them up to a couple of large families, and maybe they are gone. Otherwise they will end up as horse feed for a landlord.

Advisor

Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't be able find anybody around here to cut up one more this morning.  We only have one tree and it's an early variety so went up to the apple barn by the highway E of Lake Crystal and got a trunk load of windfalls (95% usable).

Senior Contributor

It isn't on what farmers spend their payts on on ,it's the fact they shouldn't get govt aid at all, it's the most disgusting form of welfare.  If they can  afford $10.000 land  they can pay thier OWN crop premiums.   My excuse is their just playing by the rules

Veteran Advisor

I agree with ending subsidized  crop ins, but for a greedy self serving reason...it will make me more money. less production, less marginal land producing.....equals higher crop prices.

Encouraging SD and ND to plant fence row to fence row corn is just bad public policy.

Having plentiful food supplies probably is a noble purpose, though, but thats another issue.

Senior Contributor

With you its's always about me me me me screw everyone else. You must be a great person and neighbor. 

Good public policy according to you is all about just you.  

Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

With you its's always about me me me me screw everyone else. You must be a great person and neighbor. 

Good public policy according to you is all about just you.  

Subsidised crop insurance = big time operator protection act. It should be ended but then Almighty Big Government would have to give up some of it's power. Won't happen until other people's money is all gone and the printing presses are worn out.