Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Major Storm Hitting America!!!

17 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Major Storm Hitting America!!!

Yep, bachman told her supporters that God sent Irene to get Washington's attention!  A crazy jerry falwell!

Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Yep, bachman told her supporters that God sent Irene to get Washington's attention!  A crazy jerry falwell!

I dunno.... Could be what is happening.  It seems that God was getting the "attention" of the folks in Sodom and Gomorrah some time back.

Senior Contributor

Re: actually obamo worse than osama

facts are obamo has done more harm to america than osama ever did --wanna try and back your boy up on this one surebutt??

Senior Contributor

I get a kick out of those who think anything that suits their pupose is a sign from 'god'.

If every little weather event is a sign from some 'god' then there are a lot of conflicting signs.

BTW do you suppose it was a sign when bad weather blew the popes skull cap off and forced him to end his speach early at the youth rally in Spain a week or so ago.

I understand he was just saying how bad homosexuals were when his skull cap left and his speach was ended. Sure sounds like a 'sign' to me if only I 'believed'. maybe enough to make me a believer.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Veteran Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

I get a kick out of those who think anything that suits their pupose is a sign from 'god'.

If every little weather event is a sign from some 'god' then there are a lot of conflicting signs.

BTW do you suppose it was a sign when bad weather blew the popes skull cap off and forced him to end his speach early at the youth rally in Spain a week or so ago.

I understand he was just saying how bad homosexuals were when his skull cap left and his speach was ended. Sure sounds like a 'sign' to me if only I 'believed'. maybe enough to make me a believer.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Could be the Devil's work?  The Devil is said to be "the Prince of the Power of the Air".

Ephesians 2:2

New International Version (©1984)
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

King James Bible
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

American King James Version
Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:

American Standard Version
wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit that now worketh in the sons of disobedience;

Senior Contributor

Could be the Devil's work?  The Devil is said to be "the Prince of the Power of the Air".

So you are not one of those who claims there is only one god.

And I see you are not like those who claim the old testament part of your holy book is for the Jews.

It really is quite a good book because you just have to look somewhere else in it to find a quote to justify any thing you want.

Someplace in there it says you should only worship 1 god.

But of course that is over ridden if you want to worship Jesus or Mary or even Satin I suppose. There is probably a quote there somewhere to cover it.

Senior Advisor

Jesus is the one God. It is called the Holy Trinity. Mary is not worshiped, she is honored as the Mother of God. We ask Her to pray for us. It is impossible to worship satan and also God.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Jesus is the one God. It is called the Holy Trinity. Mary is not worshiped, she is honored as the Mother of God. We ask Her to pray for us. It is impossible to worship satan and also God.

A god is something with magical powers.

A god is something that people worship.

A god could be many things.

Now you pray to Mary, pray to Jesus, if they did not have magical powers then why would you pry to them?

In any definition of god they fit the description as does Satan or 'The Devil' especially as considered in this thread where he was given power over the weather to explain the storm which ended the Popes speach about gays.

Senior Advisor

God is the creator. We pray to God in thanks giving and in our times of need. He always hears us. Sometimes the answer is no. He will never abandon us, we can only abandond Him. He knows our needs better than we know ourselves. I pray to His mother just like I pray to my dad. I ask them to pray for me. God hears their prays and has pity on me because of them. This helps me to understand where God is leading me.