cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Man, is that Obama great, or what?

Dow soars to all time highs, median home price up 10% yoy. He's doing a great job on the economy, right?

I generally don't think that, at least as far as those metrics go but am amused thinking about how if the same numbers were being printed early in a Romney first term we'd be absolutely overwhelmed with claims about how this proves that all it takes is a little visit from the confidence fairy (i.e. she visits when "serious" white men cutting taxes and cutting entitlements, or talking "seriously" about it). If that were the case I'm sure we'd be inundated with claims that all it took was one square jawed oligarch to turn around the economic malaise that Barney and Nancy created singlehandedly.

And conversely, even with some datapoints looking hopeful, social mood is atrocious as measured by the Smith and Weston index.

Oh well, just musing before we go back to fretting over when they come to take our guns, make our children acknowledge evolution at gunpoint, rip our gandchildren's fetuses from the wonbs of our unmarried daughters, etc.

28 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Man, is that Obama great, or what?

r3020
Senior Advisor

There's no doubt about it, Obama has been great for the top 1% over the last 4+ years.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I'm at the broker right now, shorting comods and going long equities. Should I take out a 2nd mortgage Smiley Happy
Samnospam
Advisor

The first question is, is your broker politically connected?
Samnospam
Advisor

investment tip fer ya ba

Corrections corp of amerika. They want to create a bunch of ex post facto felons, some one will have to house them. They could send your divies to your cell.
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I think that just went over Noxies head, Sam.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, 0bama favored the sequester cuts, Wallstreet loves it.
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Not just great, but 'perfect'

Obama is a 'perfect' citizen, who has never, in his entire life, done anything wrong.

I know this has to be true, because it was told to me, by an unbiased commentater, in the media, named Chris Matthews.

Gentlemen, I want you to start tonight. It's your report Mark. So lead the way here. Let me ask you this. I'm gonna get into this in my close tonight on the show, which I feel a lot. I Look at Obama as a perfect American. I don't mean politically. We can disagree left and right on him. You can argue about the drones. Argue about the fiscal policy, all that stuff. But as a citizen. The guy went to school, he never broke a law. He did everything right. He raised a wonderful family. He's a good husband, a good father. My God I don't think he's ever gotten a speeding ticket. The guy does everything right and these right-wingers. And he's really been pretty moderate on guns until the horror of Newtown. And I don't know what they're so afraid of, except that he happens to be black. Is there some reason why he has sparked this explosion of right-wing organizing?

I sure like the way Matthews doesn't let silly things like facts, get in the way of a good commentary.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Not just great, but 'perfect'

Was pot and coke illegal when Obama was a user?