cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Managing decline

is the toughest thing.

Trump is our second declinist President, following Obama. 

The PNAC/Neocon folks blew out Peak America in spectacular fashion and there ain't no goin' back.

Obama thrashed around more than a bit (Benghazi!!!!) but substantially more coherent than the present crowd who knows not whether to #### or go blind as far as pulling out here, threatening to invade there, and on and on. 

7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Managing decline

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/goodbye-to-the-dollar/

The Death of the Dollar stories have, interestingly, become more muted since MAGA.

Of course Trump is bringing us to that inevitability ever sooner as he offends and creates mistrust with historic allies.

I don't agree 100% with how Hedges lays this out but do in general.

On average Americans will be less well off as we lose control of those international financial institutions and the dollar loses reserve status. The only question is if will be bad, really bad or really, really bad.

Putin's Russia has never concealed the fact that it is their top objective in regards to the USA.

Decline is tough but it isn't wise to get frustrated and push it along.

Advisor

We’re you tipped off on that when Ellliot Abrams was let out of his lair?
Senior Contributor

Who, of course, is holds some considerable responsibility for those Central American countries being RW mafia ####holes and producing large number of people who legitimately qualify for refugee status under the law.

As they say, a feature rather than a bug.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Farm,

Did I miss something? Peace (for most of us), prosperity, record low unemployment, stable money, near record high farmland prices & stock indexes, February blueberries on the morning oatmeal, flush toilets, hot showers, climate controlled homes, ready access to 21st century healthcare, yadda, yadda, yadda.

All of the above are not necessarily due to Trump, Obama, W. Bush, or Bill Clinton, but what more were you expecting out of life my friend? Imagine the opposite of the above list of things to be thankful for and you can then begin to appreciate what you have right in front of you. Life is pretty good right now, but there is no guarantee that it will remain so.

Good luck and best wishes on the future.

Advisor

Advisor

Yes. But those pesky deficits

Senior Contributor

I and everybody I know lives better than the riches potentate in the world 150 years ago.

Strangely the poor in America are in the same condition.