Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Marching Band Shot!

image.jpeg

6 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Marching Band Shot!

image.jpeg

Re-enactment of the flag raising on Mount Suribachi, Iwo Jima, by the Pella Marching Dutch, today. Very touching band show, honoring Americans of World War Two. 

image.jpeg

Honored Advisor

Nice Craig, do you still have any youngin`s in band?  My Daughter isn`t in marching band this year, it`s a tough commitment  along with everything else these days, she`s still in concert band though.  This area had their band contest in Algona last week, I didn`t go but heard the Orabs from Sheldon cleaned up as always.

The Wife went through Pella the other day and sounds like they want to build a bigger airport and confiscate farms in the process, alot of unhappy Dutchmen down there. 

Veteran Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

Nice Craig, do you still have any youngin`s in band?  My Daughter isn`t in marching band this year, it`s a tough commitment  along with everything else these days, she`s still in concert band though.  This area had their band contest in Algona last week, I didn`t go but heard the Orabs from Sheldon cleaned up as always.

The Wife went through Pella the other day and sounds like they want to build a bigger airport and confiscate farms in the process, alot of unhappy Dutchmen down there. 

My youngest graduated this past spring. I enjoy working with the band kids so much that am still doing what I have always done. Being the "go-to" fix-it guy, videographer, and bus driver. I enjoy seeing all the leadership skills that the young people acquire by being in band, along with seeing and hearing a quality music program that the entire music team produces. 

Band ROCKS!

Yesterday, our band was chosen best drum line, best horn line, was one point from being chosen best drum major in 3a schools at Valleyfest. Everyone working together makes it possible and individual effort is recognized. 

Yeah, that airport between Pella and Oskyloosa, which is being pushed down there is a real sore spot and isn't really needed. 

Veteran Advisor

Did they catch the shooter?

Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Did they catch the shooter?

No, but everyone else lost their means of self-protection, which helped the shooter to continue without any risk of being stopped. 

Much like fighting obesity by banning forks. 

Veteran Advisor

If Iowans lost their means of protection it is because of early onset Altheimers  due to eating so much GMOs.