Perhaps you have a close friend or family member

that does basic research or is good at thinking to

help you with the basic facts.

Seems like your emotions give you a polarization

not based on reality.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: Good catch

Air Traffic Controller... That explains a lot.about why you think the way you do.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I said I'm a Type A person.  I don't deny it.  Beyond that, I guess you will have to expain your post.

Type A and Type B personality theory describes two contrasting personality types. In this theory, personalities that are more competitive, outgoing, ambitious, impatient and/or aggressive are labeled Type A, while more relaxed personalities are labeledType B.

Jen

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: ??

Admired? I think not, tolerated at the most assuming they stop pushing their life style on others.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Maybe you are mixing me and NAJ up.  I was an Air Traffic Controller.  AJ is the one that posted about admiring him for whom he is, and I do.  It takes a lot of guts to stand against the crowd here in the US.  I do admire him, and all that have come forward and no longer afraid to way who and what they are....

Jen

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

You sit in front of a screen with blinking lights in a dark room for a couple hours and then you need a break. You see yourself as more important than the rest of the population and still resent the fact that Regan did not agree with that thought.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

You apparently have not read my posts over the years.  And I'm not going to go back into them now.  I agreed with Regans firing of the Controllers.  If the President tells you to go back to work - you go back to work.  Period.

You think sitting in a dark room with blinking lights is easy - try it.  If it is so easy, then why to more than 50% of those that aspire to a career as an air traffic controller - those that have done the testing, been in the military, or gone to school to be an Air Traffic Controller, Fail?  Because those are the stats.  

I've been there.  I've done my time behind a scope, under pressure, thousands of lives in your hands, bad weather and everyone wanting to go every which way through the only tiny hole you have in your sector.  One wrong word - left instead of right - means the difference between life and a catastrophic collision.  You think it's easy - try it.  Because I saw military controllers - cave.  I saw students with a 4 year degree in aviation - cave.  I saw professors that came from universities thinking about starting a new job - cave.  Beyond that, you need to go back, and search my posts over the years about Air Traffic Control.  Then come back, and we can have an enlightened discussion.

Jen

RJG640v8
Advisor

Your last sentence is impossible with allenjessenic, aka PolarisRacer. 

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@jennys_mn wrote:
You think sitting in a dark room with blinking lights is easy - try it.  If it is so easy, then why to more than 50% .......... Fail?  Because those are the stats.  

Jen

Well that's a better rate than restaurant owners.....Smiley Wink

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@jennys_mn wrote:

Maybe you are mixing me and NAJ up.  I was an Air Traffic Controller.  AJ is the one that posted about admiring him for whom he is, and I do.  It takes a lot of guts to stand against the crowd here in the US.  I do admire him, and all that have come forward and no longer afraid to way who and what they are....

Jen

He did reply to AJ.