Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Market:: give me a fix!!! nm

7 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Market:: give me a fix!!! nm

Quickly replacing the entire Executive Branch of the federal government would be a great start.

620+ drop in the stocks today, and who know how much tomorrow, is the mark of a Depression.

The federal government is spending money so fast, that soon we will run out of anyone, or any nation that will have any money to lend to the federal government.

Obama will end up proving that he is more dangerous to the world than even Imperial Japan, Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union EVER was.

Our opportunities to be able to fix ourselves are now down to probably a few weeks.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your talkin' out of your butt, again, Craigo! The ones that need to get the boot are the Repbulicans, they caused this nightmare, over a simple debt ceiling raise. The only reason this happened was to distroy Obama and the Democrats. It's not going to happen, in fact, get ready for a drubbing the likes have never seen. The American people aren't as stupid as you think they are.

comments_image9 COMMENTS
GOP Presidential Candidates Ignore S&P’s ‘Blast At Republicans,’ Pin
Downgrade Blame on Obama

On Friday, the credit rating agency Standard
& Poors downgraded
the U.S.
from AAA to AA+ in the first downgrade in U.S. history. In its
release, S&P took Republicans to task for using the debt ceiling as a
political football andrefusing
to consider new revenues
as an option for reducing the country’s long-term
deficit. As National Journal put it, “it’s hard to read the S&P analysis
as anything
other than a blast at Republicans
.”

However,
you wouldn’t know that from reading the
statements
the GOP presidential candidates released in the wake of S&P’s
announcement. In their world, the downgrade was entirely due to government
spending, and the way to turn things around is to balance the budget without
raising any additional revenue:

MICHELE
BACHMANN: “We
were warned by all of the credit agencies that a failure to deal with our debt
would lead to a downgrade in our credit rating, but instead he submitted a
budget that had a $1.5 trillion deficit and then requested a $2.4 trillion blank
check.
President Obama is destroying the foundations of the U.S. economy
one beam at a time. I call on the President to seek the immediate resignation of
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and to submit
a plan with a list of cuts to balance the budget this year
, turn our
economy around and put Americans back to work.”

MITT
ROMNEY: “Standard & Poor’s rating downgrade is a deeply troubling indicator
of our country’s decline under President Obama. His
failed policies have led to high unemployment, skyrocketing deficits
and now, the unprecedented loss of our nation’s prized AAA credit rating.”

JON
HUNTSMAN: “Out-of-control
spending and a lack of leadership in Washington have resulted in President Obama
presiding over the first downgrade of the United States credit rating in our
history.
For far too long we have let reckless government spending go
unchecked and the cancerous debt afflicting our nation has spread.”

Of
course, the S&P explicitly cited the fact that “new
revenues have dropped down on the menu of policy options
” as reason for the
downgrade, pointing out that one way to get the U.S. on a more sustainable
fiscal path is to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire:

Compared
with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the
2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in
place. We
have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in
Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we
believe Congress reinforced by passing the [debt ceiling] act.

Yesterday,
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) seemed
to soften his anti-tax zeal
just a bit in response to the downgrade, saying
that he might be open to revenue positive tax reform. But for the GOP
presidential hopefuls, S&P’s move was just another political hammer,
regardless of S&P’s justification for its action.

By Pat Garofalo | Sourced
from ThinkProgress Posted at August 8, 2011, 8:56 am

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Great one has no clue as to what he's talking about. The tax cuts he wants would give us 1.3 trillion in anticipated revenue in 10 years at current growth, 2.5 trillion at 4.5% growth.(You would be insane to think we would grow like that the way things are now) 

WE ARE SPENDING MORE THAN THAT IN DEFICIT SPENDING IN THIS YEAR ALONE YOU CRAZY LUNATIC!!!!

When will this stop? There were no cuts. Only a decrease in the base line increase. So if I was working somewhere and I wanted a $100 a week raise and you gave me $80 instead I could call that a cut???????

You could take all the money they make next year and we would still be over budget. Don't you see we can't keep doing this???

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@greenhouse man wrote:

Great one has no clue as to what he's talking about. The tax cuts he wants would give us 1.3 trillion in anticipated revenue in 10 years at current growth, 2.5 trillion at 4.5% growth.(You would be insane to think we would grow like that the way things are now) 

WE ARE SPENDING MORE THAN THAT IN DEFICIT SPENDING IN THIS YEAR ALONE YOU CRAZY LUNATIC!!!!

When will this stop? There were no cuts. Only a decrease in the base line increase. So if I was working somewhere and I wanted a $100 a week raise and you gave me $80 instead I could call that a cut???????

You could take all the money they make next year and we would still be over budget. Don't you see we can't keep doing this???

Dale Walker is so connected to Communist Propaganda sources that he cannot think for himself..... and why should he?  He knows that he will have long died before the bills have to be paid by my kids and grandkids.   He truly believes in his "god" of the federal government, even to the point of destroying everything, just to make everyone equal and poor.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry, guys. You can spin your BS til the cows come home, neither one of you can change the fact that the people of the United States have told you what they want and expect from "their government" and it's nothing your party has in mind. The one thing they don't want is a party that rams their religion down their throats, and there aren't enough of the radical religious right to change what the majority want or expect, so get ready, boys, your going to love the next election.

Hey, pal! Deficits don't matter!! LOL!! Remember????????

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

are you from a small town that has to share you, or is your town big enough to have its own idiot?

Senior Contributor

Don't worry, I sure don't feel overpowered by any of the smart guys on this forum. I may very well be an idiot, but I'm not alone.

Just pay attention to Wisconsin, today, will show us all what is in store in 2012. If it goes the way I want it to, the Republicans are in a world of hurt.