The market seeks stability.
Commodities could possibly gain ??? At times assets
Leave that market, into commodity.

This is not slam post

25 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Market impact

Jump to solution
Good to hear from you. Things are constantly changing even on this website. Hope you are well.
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution
Thank you gio...hope all is well.

Just like everyone, holding on for dear life !
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution
Will be curious, with the worst December since
The great depression.... Will investors, reload
And start buying stocks at ""discount prices"",
Or will they go to commodities, with hopes of
Higher returns (and market influx to raise
Levels, and take some quick profits).
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution
BA,
We know you are in love with the trumpeter. And we know that He alone can save the world and know more than the Generals. 🤪
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Hey Gio, from a standing on the outside looking in at how politics upcoming might effect markers.   Let`s say Mueller gives his report and the one side says "it`s just heresay, vague and ambiguous" and the other side of course looking at the same report says "Guilty! Lock him up! Hang him! Treason! Impeach!" .  

So, Nancy`s House impeaches and let`s say there`s some emboldened "Mitt Romneys" and Susan Collins types in the senate and a impeachment happens, what does that do to the markets?   You have a impeached, lame duck POTUS that isn`t exactly a shrinking violet for 2 years.   Markets like divided government, but they don`t like uncertainty.  I think the Dow retests 6,000, China is on the brink, probably go back to their old "handful of rice diet".  Maybe a flight to certain commodities like gold, probably not the energies.  Trade would be hurt, not because anyone would want to, but more because they`re too broke to buy. 

I think TDS could bring down the world economy, the one side`s reaction to the 2016 election causes a world wide depression.  But, I put up the cartoon of Samson, you remember the story, Delilah cut his hair, Philistines blinded and chained him and in his last burst of strength, he brought down the money changer`s temple.  Delilah is the Rinos and the Philistines are the swamp. 

Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

BA,

If you are asking me if I would accept the outcome of Mueller's report either way for Trump, Yes I would.  If there is no evidence of wrong doing, then there is no wrong doing.  On the other hand, if Trump is deeply involved with Putin and there is evidence of money laundering, then he is guilty and I think he should face the consequences.  As simple as that. 

He is not above the law.  So lets not close our eyes.      

But comparing him to Samson, a religious figure is funny.  Even I got a laugh. 

Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Gio, glad you laugh, there isn`t enough of that these days.  

With Mueller though, I think there`s an enormous pressure to come up with "something"  after Madow, Baldwin, Morning Joke&Mika and them stuck their necks out saying "there`s something".   I just don`t see Mueller saying "didn`t find anything folks!" and Chuck Todd and Anderson Cooper saying "okay...guess we we wrong, sorry folks really thought POTUS was guilty of something"    no, not gonna happen.  If Mueller doesn`t find something , then "oh he was bribed, he was in POTUS`s pocket all along".  The narrative has been cast.

But yes, absolutely, if POTUS colluded, yes throw the book at him.  But, many, many would love to impeach him solely based on his polices alone.  Has a powerful swamp to be drained....must be in the "Blue Earth watershed"  * Those of you familiar with that, that land is drained north and water doesn`t like to run north   Smiley Happy

Honored Advisor

Jump to solution
Ifs all about relieving the public of condescending cash and providing entertainment to anyone who will worship at the political altar .. keeping the fools on the leash.
Bark on cue